Chapter 6: Thoughts

9.00 pm

It's almost bed time, but Kaveri was standing at the balcony and looked at the night sky, filling with a full moon and millions of stars in. She was still thinking about Vijay's words which was totally unexpected to her.

Summa solla kudaadhu, azhaguthaan nee, varattaa.......

Kaveri: Avan unmaile appadi sonnanaa illa naanthan ippo thevaiyillaamal kolapurenaa?

Kaveri had no idea why, but she didn't feel angry with Vijay, despite the things he had done to her since the moment she entered her college. The feelings she had right now were completely new and different to her.

Kumaran just walked by the door when he saw Kaveri standing alone outside, he curiously went towards her and called her out.

Kumaran: Kaveri.

Kaveri: Umm...mama, neenga eppo mama vandhinga?

Kumaran: Ippoathan ma vandhen, nee inga enna ma pandra? Innum thoonga poaliyaa?

Kaveri sighed and looked around her surroundings, making sure that no one was around except her and Kumaran alone.

Kaveri: Mama, ungakitha onnu keppen, neenga unmai mattunthaan sollanum.

Kumaran: Enna ma?

Kaveri: Illa......ippo oru aambalai oru ponnu kitha nee azhagaa irukkaennu sonna, athu chumma vilaiyaattuku solluvaangalaa illa unmaiyaavae mean panni solluvaangalaa?

Kumaran: Umm...yen appadi kekure?

Kaveri: Psch, chumma sollunga mama.

Kumaran: Sila aambalaingalaam yetho oru peachiku solluvaanga, aana sila aambalaingalaam avangale aayiraama solliduvanga.

Kaveri: Puriyilaye......

Kumaran: Ippo avanga munnadi avangaluku pudicha ponnu iruntha, avvale sandhosham paduthe ippadithaan ma solluvaanga. Yenna, oru ponnu paathu azhagaa irukkaennu sonna athu appadiye nambiduvanga.

Kaveri: Oh....appadiyaa vishayamae?

Kumaran: Aamam ma, oru ponne sandhosham paduthurathukaaga sila aambalaingalaam varthaaiyaalaye mudichiruvaanga. Ithu naa sollale, poduva nadakkura vishayathe sonnen.

Kaveri started to realize a fact about boys, that's exactly what Vijay was doing to her back in the college. But the real question was, did he do it just for fun or something else? She never knew the answer for her question but she needed to find it out on her own.

The reason why Kaveri felt different when Vijay complimented her beauty was because no man had actually called her beautiful other than her own father, even Nivin and Kumaran hadn't said that randomly to her, unless she asked about it.

Kumaran: Ethukku ma appadi ketha?

Kaveri: Illa mama, chumma therinjikathaan......

Kumaran: Seri ma, naa poayi padukuren. Naaliki seekkiramaa ezhundhirichiru, seriya?

Kaveri: Ah, ok mama. Good night.

Kumaran: Good night.

Kumaran left Kaveri alone again at the balcony after a quite lengthy conversation. However, she couldn't come to the conclusion yet, she knew how hard Vijay would play, so she needed some time to see whether his words were true or just for fun, like he would always do.

Kaveri: Ivana sonnathu ellaam unmainu eppadi kandu pudikirathu? Enna pannalaam? Naaliki thirumbavum ponnathaan theriyum.

With that said, Kaveri had made up her mind, she decided to just wait for a few days and watched Vijay's behavior towards her starting tomorrow.