𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘦𝘯〔 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘺 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

I'm abruptly attacked with a tight cuddle and smothered in a thousand kisses all over my face, causing me to giggle loudly as I wriggle in Rafe's hold.

"I am so fucking in love with you" Rafe groans in between kisses and I melt against his hot body, the smile on my face wider than it's ever been before.

The man above me reaches over to the side table drawer and opens it, pulling out a small black box. When I spot the box my heart stops and I look from the box to him in shock.

"You didn't" I breathe out in awe.

"Of course I did" He grins, holding it out to me.

"When?" I question, gently taking it from him.

"Before I took you onto the coastal adventure. I was going to ask you once we got here, but..." He drawls off with a weak smile "I've kept it since. I hoped you'd forgive me"

I smile at him warmly and I carefully open the small box to reveal a sparkling ring that quite literally takes my breath away.

"Oh my God" My jaw drops in disbelief.

The shining silver band is adorned with tiny diamonds that sparkle in the sunlight that streams from the skylight above us, but that's not the part that makes my eyes tear up emotionally. It's the larger stone in the middle that is the exact same shade of green as the colour of my eyes, the pale sage twinkling up at me letting me know it was made exactly for me.

"Do you like it?" Rafe asks, sounding a little worried at my silence and I burst into tears with no warning "Holy shit. Did I do something wrong?"

"No, it's incredible" I sob like a baby "Rafe, I love it. I love it more than i've ever loved anything in any whole life"

"You do?" He grins in relief.

"I do" I cry, throwing my arms around him in joy.

He holds me tightly as my body wracks with sobs of happiness and I try to pull myself together but I've never felt as happy as I do in this moment, making it really hard to control my emotions.

Once I finally manage to pull myself together, I let Rafe slip the ring onto my finger and I have another little cry after he steps into the bathroom out of sight.

The man comes back with his boxers on and a warm cloth in his hand, not allowing me to complain as he cleans me up. I can't stop myself from smiling at him like a crazy woman as he helps clean and dress me before sitting me on his lap to brush my hair.

I press kisses to his lips and face as he uses the mirror opposite us to help him brush my hair out, an amused grin on his face as he does so.

"You're distracting me" He chuckles.

"My hair is all brushed" I assure him.

"I'm making sure there's no more knots" He informs me, running the brush through my hair once more before placing it down.

He then turns his attention to me, fixing my white sundress for me and then pressing his lips to mine softly. His lips leave mine and I suddenly come to the realisation that I'm now engaged, but no one knows.

"I have to tell my brother" I gasp out, scrambling off Rafe's lap "Pope too, and the others. We need to tell your dad and Rose, Wheezie as well. Holy shit, Rafe!"

"Okay, slow down" Rafe advises me, standing and taking a hold of my arms gently "Take a deep breath"

I do as the man says and then I look up at him with wide eyes.

"How will I tell them? I don't know their numbers and even if I did, I don't have a phone" I express my worry to my fiancé.

wow, fiancé is such a weird word

I suddenly understood why Sarah was so hesitant to call John B that but before I can think more about it Rafe shakes me softly out of my daze with a small smile.

"My dad wants me to go back to Kildare, sweetheart. I need to tie up some loose ends and finish business there for him" Rafe explains to me and relief sinks into my chest.

"When are we leaving?" I question him.

"Tomorrow. You can tell them all tomorrow, baby" He assures me.

I throw my arms around him and he rubs my back soothingly, pressing a kiss to my head. Rafe's phone ringing causes us to part and he shows me that it's Rose.

"That'll be dinner ready" He tells me, ignoring the call and pocketing his phone "C'mon"

The man places his hand on the small of my back and guides me out of his bedroom, down to the dining room where the rest of the family are all sat. Ward, Rose and Wheezie all look up at us as we enter the room and Rafe snakes his arm around my waist.

"We have an announcement to make" Rafe declares.

"What is it?" Ward smiles and his niceness confuses me but it doesn't wipe the smile from my own face.

"We're getting married" Rafe reveals and I lift my hand to show off the ring.

"Oh my God!" Rose gasps, jumping up as Wheezie squeals loudly and races towards us.

Rafe and I are attacked with a hug from the smaller girl, both of us hugging her back as Rose grabs my hand to look at the ring and Ward pats Rafe on the back when he reaches us.

"It's beautiful, just like you" Rose gushes over me.

"Congratulations, son" Ward grins at Rafe who is beaming with pride.

"Wow, it matches your eyes" Wheezie points out to me in awe before looking at her brother "Who knew you were such a romantic, huh?"

He chuckles and Rose pats his shoulder, still holding my hand with her other one.

"You chose a keeper, sweetie" She assures him.

"I sure did" He grins down at me and I grin right back at him.

"Welcome to the family, Adelaide" Ward addresses me and I turn to the older man in surprise.

"Thank you, Mr Cameron" I smile softly.