┃47┃

With unblinking eyes, Fei once again failed to understand her husband. “Huh?” She couldn't help but tilt her head in utter confusion.

An uneasy feeling crept inside her heart and wild assumptions started to take over her mind. There will be outcomes? What kind?

Seeing her action, Yang cooed at her. His arms around her tiny waist tightened and he pulled her even closer until he could feel every beat her heart made. “I love you but you know what, darling?”

The tone of his speech turned quite serious as he continued. “You're my weakness ..and I hate it because people out there would do anything to destroy me through my weakness.”

As he tried to make her understand the gravity of this situation, he avoided mentioning her weak womb. It will affect her and he knows it. “And with a child in your..”

He placed his hand on the area of her womb, a bit lower where her tummy was as he absurdly thought to himself, ‘how is the child going to grow and fit in here? My hand can barely be placed here.’

Shaking the thought away, he continued solemnly. “If we made a child now... you might tear up inside, sweetheart... your body is too young and vulnerable for pregnancy... you'll have to wait a few years... until you're fit enough to conceive one, then I'll give you what you want, alright?”

In a daze Fei slowly leaned her head against his chest and pursed her lips while listening to him speak. Her heart felt a bit more at ease now. She was thinking that it had something to do with her.

"Not to mention, you are a child yourself. How will you raise a child on your own?" He said it to lighten up the atmosphere and succeeded when in return, he received a kittenish glare from his wife.

‘What?’ he mouthed, looking playful. “Don't you agree? It will come all upon me and then I'll have to raise two children on my own.” Yang chuckled when he felt a light slap on his chest. “..not that I mind it.” With that, he sealed her lips with his own.

“For now I'm content with handling only one child.” His murmur fell on her lips in a hushed tone.

Knowing that he was shamelessly referring to her as a child, Fei broke the kiss and hurrumped. “I can raise one on my own. I won't need your help.”

“Oh?” The man raised his eyebrows teasingly. However he faked a pause and made a thoughtful face. “Right? I'd definitely need your..help.” His gaze indicated something as they fell on her chest. He gave her a meaningful look, appearing pleased with the thought.

Fei was confused for a good moment until she finally realized something and gasped in horror.

He..he..turned such a pure conversation into something so..so—

Blushing fiery red, she scolded him. The manner of her speaking was always soft, so it didn't make any difference to the man as he found her coy and lovely.

“Have some shame!”

“What's there to ashamed of?” Faking a wince, he continued to play around. “I thought it's only natural. And it's not like I haven't touched you before, more so even left my marks on it.”

Done with his words, he didn't waste a second to place his hand on her chest. So delicate. How will she manage to breastfeed?

His poor wife. He can only picture her crying along helplessly with the starving child. The thought of it somehow softened something inside his heart.

Somewhere in his heart, he couldn't that deny that he too, wanted her to bear his child. A small bundle of flesh, who will be just like her— kind, wise and compassionate.