Torned heart

◖⁠⚆⁠ᴥ⁠⚆⁠◗

Shaira's heart stopped as she heard the name. His voice was still the same but she could feel the soft tinge in it.

Shaira had imagined numerous times what would happen if she went back to them. Her eyes shined when the person on the opposite side called her name.

" Ira, Are you okay?"

Shaira's heart thumped as she hummed a yes.

"Why did you call?"

Shaira's hands reached out to the cushion as she clutched them close to her heart.

"I am sorry to call you but I know you need me."

Shaira looked at the ceiling as a single tear slipped from her eye. The first time after the incident happened. His voice was enough stimulus for Shaira to take a deep breath.

Her voice broke when she answered him.

"No. I don't need you."

Dexton's voice was tired as he replied.

"When you were young, you promised me you would take advantage of me when you needed. This is the best time, Ira."

Shaira did not answer. Her eyes tearing up. She hated it as she wiped her tears.

"I don't need to take advantage of you. I can manage."

"Shaira Angelina Vanedestine, I need you in my office before 9:00 am tomorrow."

Shaira eyes widened when she heard her full name.

"First, I am my own person. Don't you dare to command me like that? Second I am busy. Third- wait"

Shaira's mouth gaped.

"How the hell do you know that I am here?"

"Do you even have to ask this? I can't let you go alone after a crazed person is hell bent on trying to bring you down."

"Dexton."

Shaira stopped as she looked at the fireplace. She didn't know what to say. It was clear as day she needed his help but to be honest, her ego won't let her. She had always believed that she had done this all by herself.

"For the last time, I will do it alone. I have always done everything alone."

"When did you become so stubborn?"

Dexton said. He seemed like he was arguing with a kid.

"Don't take fret. You will get wrinkles. That will just make it more difficult to keep your woman."

A sound similar to disbelief on the other side.

"Shaira"

Shaira smirked. She hates when people think she is not capable. That's the taste of revenge.

"If you know this. That meant you had spied on me too. We are even. You need more than that to make me tick, Ira."

Shaira's smile dropped as it was this time for her to be shocked. She just gave away her point.

"You can't force me."

Shiara said her voice turned ice.

"I won't, Shaira. I will never force you. I need to know about your plans to tackle the situation. You are family."

Shaira felt her heart stop.

"I hate when you say it."

"It's the truth. I was always your family. The moment you leave those papers on my desk."