Partner

{Trigger Warnings}
•Alcohol
•Smoking
•Minor threats
•Minor possessive behavior
•Slightly suggestive themes

{Alternate Universe}
•Cowboy
___________________

Rody looked up at the beaming sky, his hat doing a good job of keeping the sun out of his eyes. He started to whistle as he looked forward, keeping his horse, Madeleine, on a steady pace as a way to enjoy the quiet ride. He always enjoyed going on rides, whether it was for the thrill or for his job.

Part of him wished he didn't have to hunt down bandits, but he wanted to win a certain girl's heart; Manon. She was everything to him. Her smile was breathtaking, her laugh being infectious. She was so sweet and always made sure everyone around her was happy. While she appeared to be a simple girl, Rody had taken a small notice of her abilities that he hadn't seen from any of the girls. One of those abilities being to ride a horse gracefully, something that made Rody swoon for her more.

He always wanted to invite her for a ride on their horses, but everytime he tried to talk to her, she would quickly shut him down by saying she was busy helping her parents manage a saloon called La Gueule de Saturne. When Rody first heard the name, he found it a bit strange, especially when he later learned that nobody knew who owned it.

He wanted to do a grand gesture for her, to show her that he was worthy of her. While they may have dated in the past, Rody was determined to win her back no matter what. Hunting down bandits was for her, after all. It paid well, meaning he could use what little money he had to shower her with jewels, whatever she wanted. Despite the two splitting, Rody's heart still beated for her. Yearning for her to be back in his life, his love for her growing bigger like adding wood to fire.

The more he thought about her, the more Rody wanted to see. He raises up his horse's reins and whips them, making his horse start picking up speed. Rody felt a smile growing on his face, both from Manon and how he enjoyed the breeze from riding fast.

It takes him a few minutes to see his small frontier town, heading straight to the sheriff's office. Once he reached the building, he got off his horse, giving her a small pat on her head and tying her up before heading inside.

As he pushed through the small doors, he was greeted by two figures, the sheriff and a guy he'd never seen before. They were engaging in a conversation but stopped and turned to look at Rody. The auburn haired male gave a sheepish smile before standing next to the ravenet.

"Ah, Rody, we've been expecting you," The sheriff greeted, his badge shimmering in the light, reminding Rody of how small he felt.

"H-Have you?" Rody took off his hat, fiddling with the hem of it.

"Yes. You should've been back here sooner, Rody." The Sheriff's gruff voice stated, making Rody tense as he was sweating bullets. "What was the hold up, partner?"

"Uh, well, t-the bandits put up one hell of a fight, sir."

"And did you manage to capture one?"

Rody stayed silent, something that spoke volumes to the Sheriff. The man with the badge let out a heavy sigh before taking out a cigar and placed it in his mouth before lighting it up.

Rody watched the Sheriff get up for his seat and disappeared into the back. The auburn haired male let out a small sigh, relaxing only for a moment until he looked over to his right, seeing a ravenet male wearing an emotionless look as he, too, was smoking. It bothered Rody a bit a long time ago, but after being around the Sheriff, he learned to live with the fact people smoke.