२•

आरी कोई काजल लाओ री
मोहे काला टीका लगाओ री
उनकी चाब से दिखूं मैं तो प्यारी
✨🌷

Flashback continues
Bhargavi's Pov:

I was seated on the chair in front of the mirror, getting ready as Maasa instructed me to do. I wore a white lehenga with a light choli adorned with delicate embroidery. The simplicity of it is what I appreciate the most-elegant and understated, just the way I like it.

Sometimes, it feels challenging to carry such dresses, even when we don't want to, but we must

Sometimes, it feels challenging to carry such dresses, even when we don't want to, but we must. Yet, at times, I ponder what if I were not born into a royal household. I've always had everything I desired, but what about those who go hungry for even a single meal? There are undeniable perks to being part of royalty, but I should be grateful that I'm here today, at least living the best life. Contemplating this sometimes saddens me; I've always wanted to bring happiness to the people of our kingdom, to fulfill their every need as much as possible, to listen to them and work for them. That's one of the reasons why I want to stay here. However, as Bhaisa said, daughters have to leave after marriage. Why is that? Why do only daughters have to go?

As I applied kohl under my eyes and adorned the attire with a small bindi, my thoughts swirled around all these considerations. Marriage was something I had never given much thought to. Yet, when Babasa and Maasa mentioned the other day that the King of Mewar was coming, I found myself surprisingly excited at the prospect of meeting him. And then, when they broached the topic of marriage, I was taken aback, but I began to contemplate it.

The King of Mewar, Abhyuday Singh-I had met him a few years back when he visited with his father during Holi. Back then, we were just children, good friends. It's been a decade since I last saw him. Never did I imagine that one day I would marry him; it had never crossed my mind. I can't say that I love him, but I do trust him. I believe he'll understand me, and together, we'll surely find happiness.

Contemplating him and our future together stirs something unfamiliar within me. I can't quite define it, but I find myself eagerly anticipating our meeting. Just moments ago, I was being scolded for my reluctance to marry him, and now, I'm envisioning our future together. We haven't seen each other in years, which only heightens my excitement to reunite, to converse with him. Surely, he must have changed a great deal in these intervening years.

I still vividly recall our last encounter. As he was departing for Mewar, he clasped my small hand in his larger one and led me to the garden behind our palace. It was there that he presented me with a ring, saying, "

"Bhargavi ye aapki or humari dosti ki nishani humesha sambhal ke rakhiega ek din zarur wapas aayenge hum aapse milne Hume bhuliyega nahi"
("Bhargavi, always cherish this as a symbol of our friendship. I will definitely return one day to meet you. I won't ever forget you.")