CHAPTER 11

Third POV

As Lavinia and Theodore were talking, a guy approached them whom Theodore recognized as the Diamandis heir. When Thomas interrupt Lavinia and Theodore, Thomas ignore the man sitting infront of Lavinia. He then proceeded to led Lavinia out of the restaurant, but as they left, Lavinia turned her head to Theodore and mouth goodbye, leaving him all alone.

'Oh well that was fun, while it lasted'

Following that incident, Theodore returned home.

"Prince, where have you been?" A man asked. He is Theodore's personal servant and knight. "Did you forget you had dinner with their majesties? You have to hurry or you will be late. I already picked out your attire."

"Why do I even attend this awful dinner aren't I just a bastard's son?" grumbled Thomas.

"None sense your highness your second line in throne you have every right to sit with them for dinner" The man said as Theodore stand infront of a mirror

"For a first born son I am second in throne? how ironic" he said sarcastically

"Well your highness is not really the empress's son and you should be thankful that your even second in line to the throne other than your two other younger brother that are legitimate sons You should be more greatful that you even have more claim to the throne than them"

Theodore looked through the mirror to the man standing behind him "lex, the only reason I'm even in line og the throne is beacause of that power-hungry pig who thinks if I become an emperor I would give him power over me, and beside I might not be even the emperor's"

Theodore changed and proceeded to the Empress's palace. Upon entering, he was greeted with stern looks from the staff nearby, but he chose to ignore them and continue to the dining area.

There were no signs of his father or brothers when he first arrived—just the empress, a lady with blood-colored hair.

"Welcome Theodore, you're the first to arrive. Sit down," the empress said with a smile as soon as she caught his gaze.

"Good evening your majesty"

Following an awkward pause, the empress inquires, "Theodore How are you doing with your studies?"

"It's doing great"

"That is good and may I ask where were you?"

"I was at the star feastival just looki-"

"Good evening Mother sorry to keep you waiting I was a little busy" A guy who shares the empress's hair enters, interrupting Theodore, saying, "Good evening, brother."

"Good evening, brother, to you as well." he answered.

"Oh Mother have you seen the new the new observatory?"

"I have not but I might go there and look tomorrow, by the way it has been a 2 weeks since Lavinia visit the palace you should invite her sometime I want to have a tea with her"

"I will but she have not answered any of my letters these days I did heard that she was sick"

"And you did not visit her?"

"No I was busy"

"Well tomorrow you should visit her she probably missed her fiancee"

Of course, mother, as you please

    ⋅˚₊‧ ୨୧ ‧₊˚ ⋅⋅˚₊‧ ୨୧ ‧₊˚ ⋅

The following day, when Lavinia was sitting on a swing in the garden, contemplating how to break her heart to the prince, a maid abruptly appeared and said, "Lady, you have a visitor—it's the prince."

When Lavinia heard the word "prince," her eyes nearly sprang out. "What does he want?Wait this might be the great time to tell him that I want a our angadgment to be annul'

The prince stood up and greeted Lavinia, saying, "Greetings your higness" Lavinia welcomed

"It's been a while Lavinia how are you I heard you were sick"

She said, sitting in front of him, "I'm fine now, prince. Thank you for your concern."

"That's great to hear"

The room was silent because Lavinia normally speaks the most. Acacius inquired, "How is your day?" perplexed as to why she was silent.

Lavinia gave him a long look before responding, "Good." After a minute of stillness, she remarked, "So, prince Acacius, I have a favor to ask."

"Anything"

"I want you to annul our engadgement" Once more, quiet filled the room. The silence in the room meant that Lavinia could hear her heartbeat.

When she finally stopped talking, Acacius stood up with a furious expression on his face, wondering if he had heard correctly that Lavinia was requesting an annulment.

"What are you talking about!" he shouted "The moment you greeted me you didn't use my name and you are suddenly acting so strange"

"You know I thought you would be ok annuling our engadgement since you clearly don't like to be around me"

"Why would you even think that you are my fiancee you're the future mother of this empire and even if I say yes to this annulment it's not easy to break it because our engadgement is arrange by the emperor himself no one could break this angadgement nor I want to break this our engadgement don't ask this ever again" He got up and turned to face Lavinia before heading out, saying, "The empress wishes your company to visit her tomorrow."

Acacius had a lot of questions about why she changed her attitude toward him after he left the Diamondis mansion. Could it be related to what happened at the Danbury ball?

⋅˚₊‧ ୨୧ ‧₊˚ ⋅⋅˚₊‧ ୨୧ ‧₊˚ ⋅

Haii :3 I made a new story thats why I was gone for a while and school just started but I will try my best to make many updates as possible