35. Life after the wedding

Alia glared at Samrat who was busy playing games on his mobile. They were on honeymoon and that also in the same city.

"Hey , don't glare at me. You should have told mom if you didn't like this honeymoon arrangement." He said still busy in his mobile.

"How could I tell her that? You should have told her that on behalf of me. She gifted us a 1BHK flat and that is also on rent." Alia said disappointed.

"I think my mom is right. Anyways, flight is dangerous for a pregnant woman."

"Alright. The honeymoon isn't important." She came near him and said ," Samrat let's live a good life. You are the head of our family. The baby...."

Samrat kept his mobile at one side and looked at her ," Why am I the head of the family? Siya never said that." Alia was taken aback by his remark.

Samrat saw her disappointed face and held her hand and said, "Look Alia, you don't know anything about marriage. Marriage works well when both spouses do their own work. You didn't like the marriage arrangements, the apartment and the honeymoon destination. You keep complaining about that all the time. It's because you only think about yourself. Look at me. Did I complain about your friends who caused a scene at our wedding? "

"You threw your phone at me and scolded me a lot . Even your mother taunted me." Alia argued.

Samrat was annoyed." Is that the same thing? It's useless speaking with you. Damn it."

....

Samrat took loans by lending his rented apartment and forged his mother's signature. Later he came to know that the estate agents were fraud and he lost both the money and the apartment which his mother gifted him. His mother scolded him for his foolishness. She blamed Alia for not being a good woman and let Samrat be a victim of fraud. But Alia wasn't Siya who would tolerate all the accusations

" Mom, you need to get the facts straight. You gave the money to Samrat. He forged your signature and lost the apartment. Why are you blaming me? I tolerated that you rented us and apartment instead of buying us a one. But I won't let this slide." Alia said.

"Listen, I have been good to you since you are pregnant. You didn't even bring a penny to our home. And you won't let it slide? " Samrat's mother taunted her.

"I have money. But your son said not to bring anything. I guess he wanted to move into your house." Alia said.

" But you are a contract worker. And what money are you talking about?" Samrat said.

"Contract employee? You said she was a permanent one." Samrat's mother said.

"I invested in stocks and I earned a lot. I adjusted during our wedding and even honeymoon but I came to know about.. " Samrat gave her a pleading look " just stop blaming Samrat. He's the head of our family and my baby's father or shall I leave with my baby?" Alia said blackmailing her mother in law with the baby. His mother agreed to let them stay in her house for the sake of the baby. Samrat came near Alia and embraced her.
...
"Don't worry once the baby is born she will buy us a house." Samrat told Alia.

"There's no baby." Alia told him . He was shocked." What?"

"I had a miscarriage when you threw the phone at me and scolded me after our marriage. My stomach hurts and I realised that we lost our baby. I didn't want to disappoint you and your mom so I couldn't tell you." Alia made a pitiful expression and sobbed. Samrat embraced her and cried at the loss of their baby. A baby which didn't even exist. But then he realised something and asked her,

"But during our honeymoon, didn't you say that you craved chicken because you have a baby ? Didn't you have a baby back then? "

"Didn't you tell me that you have a house when you didn't have one?" Alia replied making him dumbfounded.
...
"Alia, wash the clothes and the utensils before I return." Samrat's mother told her.