Chapter Two! (EDITED)

Zuhaiba sat in front of the mirror as her many sisters,sister-in-laws,cousins and women of the tribe busied themselves adorning her.Her smile may have been fake but when she looked in the mirror,she could not recognize the face staring at her,the one with flushed cheeks and sparkling eyes.

Last touches were being added to her subtle look and she felt glad that her makeup had been done the way she wanted it to be.Little but still you would be able to see her natural skin from under.

Zuhaiba refused to allow them to put on any jewellery on her as she felt it would take away the shine her dress had to hold today.Her dress.The dress that her mother had worn many years ago.The darker shade of maroon sat on her chest and flowed into a lighter shade.The sleeves had gold embroidery at the sleeves and her scarf sat snugly against her head.

She knew that today would bring back memories for her father but she had decided to take this step for him.He had been the one to give her dress and she saw the love,the longing in his eyes as he looked at the dress.

They had hugged and Umme Zuhaiba had told him to hold back his tears for her farewell.Now she sat minutes away from getting married to Zuhaib.

Zuhaib!

A man that she had given up because of her sister’s desire to be with him.Someone she had thought she would never be with but how Allah plans for his servants even when they give up hope.

“You are ready Habiba.” Zuhaiba nodded at her aunt as she stood up and just then her father entered along with her brother’s,she turned to face them.

She saw tears glisten in her father’s eyes as he glanced at her and she could see the longing written in his eyes.He probably saw her in the dress and relieved the memory of when he had married her mother.

“MashaAllah binti,you look beautiful.” Abi Yahya said as he hugged Zuhaiba who wrapped her arms around him equally tightly,“You remind me of your mother and I knew she wouldn’t mind me saying this,you look even more beautiful.”

“Jazakallah abi.”

Her brothers then took turns to hug her and whisper in her ear that they thought she looked beautiful.No matter her relationship with Umme Yusuf and Umme Aazar,Zuhaiba’s brother’s loved and adored her.She was the apple of their eyes as well,whether they were elder or younger than her.She had taken care of them when they were younger and she was a mother to them.To the older ones she was an ear to their troubles and a solution giver to their problems.They all would miss her dearly and they knew that who once gave them shade would now move to give shade to a brand new person.

Zuhaiba,Abi Yahya and her brother’s walked out of the tent followed by the women of her family.They walked to the tent set beyond the housing tents.A tent where they held their weddings and events for Eid.As they walked closer Zuhaiba tightened her hold on Abi Yahya’s hand and he looked at her with a comforting smile.

The tribe sat inside the tent,families sat together while single men and women sat on opposite sides.Everyone fell silent when they saw the group walk forward and Zuhaiba lifted her eyes.

Her breath caught in her throat at the sight of the man she would be marrying.He wore traditional robes along with a white bisht and he looked breath taking.He watched her watch him and his lips tilted in a smile that she once knew so well.

Zuhaib’s heart beat rapidly as Zuhaiba walked down the aisle looking absolutely beautiful.He waited until she was next to him and Abi Yahya in between them.The Head Sheikh cleared his throat and begun the Nikah proceedings.

Once Zuhaib and Zuhaiba’s consent was taken,Abu Yahya put Zuhaiba’s hand in Zuhaib’s with his hand covering them both.

“May Allah bless your married life.May He shower his rahmat upon you.May you both live a life of prosperity and love. Baarakallaahu laka,wa baaraka ‘alayka,wa jama’a baynakumaa fee khayrin.Ameen.”

Being Sheikh's Substitute Brideजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें