CHAPTER 6(PART 2)

AKSHARA'S POV

AKSHARA'S POV

And as soon as we sat down at the dining table for dinner, Dadi asked about Mr. Chaand. I too was surprised because he was here just a while ago, suddenly vanished without a trace.

'MR. INDIA BAN GAYE STRANGE, AUR KITNE AWTAAR HAI AAPKE MR. CHAND'

But amidst all the chaos, Ahaan's response caught me completely off guard. He casually remarked, "He must be with his wife," and I nearly choked on my food, shooting neha a look that said, "for real?" , I was like, "Why me, oh God, why?" He was my first crush ever, and it seems he'll be the last too. And now he's gone and gotten married , MERA TOH DIL HI TUT GAYA WOH BHI INFINITY TUKDO MAI , I was about to pick the scattered pieces of my heart in my imagination when neha speak "Ahaan, you better watch your mouth,".

"So what if I said it? I mean, come on nihi, you know Bhai loved his laptop more than anything, even himself,"

'ohh so he was talking about laptop love' thank God bachhh gaye mtlb abhi bhi chance hai mera 'arghhhhh get a grip on yourself Akshara rajvansh , firstly you have to prove yourself innocent'

"So akshara tell us something about yourself and your family"ahaan asked.

"Yesss akshu tell us something about you" neha chimed happily joining aryan in the conversation.

'abb kya batau mai inhe , sachh bhi nahi bata sakti mai inhe , koi believe nhi Karega' .

"um....mmmmm" "She's not from Udaipur, she's from Bangalore. Her parents run an event management business there,"Mr. Chand interrupted me mid-sentence.

'BUT WHY DID HE LIE'

'Do Mr. Chand know about me? And if yes, then how?'

'How is it possible , how does he knows about me , if yes then why will he accuse me , he don't know anything about me right?'

'hell nooo, but then why did he lie , god knows' I just shrugged it off.

"Oh, that's great , Dear as long as you're here, consider this your own home. And if you have any problems, don't hesitate to let us know," Abhimaan uncle said, with a warm smile.

"Haan abb inka hi toh Ghar hai"Mr. Chand mumbled but I was unable to hear because of low voice.

And as we were chowing down on dinner, Arohi and Neil showed up , and Dadi sa insisted them to join, "Come on, you two, join us for dinner!"And then they too joined us , when out of nowhere, Arohi asked me, "Akshu, you were talking about joining a company. Have you prepared for the interview?"

"Yeah, I've applied and got a thumbs up from Shekhawat and Co. Got an interview lined up for tomorrow," I said with a grin.

"Oh, that's awesome! It's Atharva's company. I'll make sure he looks out for you," Neil reassured me with a smile.

"Who's Atharva?" I asked, a hint of curiosity in my tone.

"Well, he's Bhaisa's best friend," Aryan said, explaining the connection.

I made an "O" face, suddenly understanding why Neil had said he'd ask Atharva to look out for me.

I was about to deny him, saying he didn't need to intervene, as I could manage myself. But before I could utter a word, a commanding voice cut through the air, and it was none other than Mr. Chand's saying

"No need for that. She's gonna be my personal secretary at Raichand and Co. starting tomorrow," he declared, his tone leaving no room for argument.

I was like, "What the hell? Why is he always ordering me around? Does he think I can't get a job on my own?".

"Mr. Raichand, there's no need for you to intervene in my affairs. I can handle the job part by myself," I declared, matching his tone.

"Has anyone even asked for your opinion?" he snapped back harshly.

'HADH HAI ABB MERE BAARE MAI BAAT KARO AUR MAI KUCH BOLU HI NA YEH KAUN SI GUNDAGIRI HUE'

"What's up with the attitude, Abhi?" Meera aunty asked, her tone indicating her disapproval.

"Chachi, you know why we brought her here. If she works at Atharva's company, I won't be able to keep tabs on her. Who knows what she might plot next," he explained, his tone serious without an ounce of emotion.

"What's his deal, huh? Why does he keep throwing it in my face that I'm here like some sort of criminal? Can't he just treat me like a regular person?" I thought to myself, feeling the tears welling up in my eyes.

"Abhi, but..." Mrunali aunty tried to interject, but he cut her off abruptly and stated in an authoritative tone, "I made myself very clear, and I'm not going to change my decision" and then he abruptly stormed out of there.

"I'm sorry on his behalf, beta," Dada Sa said, and everyone joined him in expressing their apologies.

"No worries, Dada Sa. I'll join as his personal secretary and show him I'm not afraid of him," I assured him confidently.

Everyone chuckled, and then we all headed back to our rooms. I was on my way when Sana, Ahaan, Aryan, and Neha came calling my name out.

"You know what, Akshara, since you're gonna step into the lion's den tomorrow, we thought we'd wish you good luck," Ahaan said, grinning.

"Don't forget, Ahaan, she's not stepping into the lion's den as a mouse, she's going in as a lioness. And I trust my Akshu, she's gonna rock it from day one, am I right, Akshu?" Neha said, and I nodded confidently.

"But he's THE ABHIMANYU RAICHAND, brooo," Sana said, with a scary undertone.

"So ...." I asked my tone full of confusion.

"You don't know, Akshu. He fires his secretary almost every month, and they're always male. And he just can't tolerate any female secretary because they always end up throwing themselves at him," Aryaan said, and yeah, now I was a little bit scared like men who the hell change pa after every month like 'are you for real'.

"So what? I ain't one of those. Let me tell you, I'm all about professionalism. I won't mix personal and professional issues," I declared confidently.

"Ohh okay, okay, we got you, little tigress. But still, be aware, and all the best," they all said in unison, before heading to their rooms. I followed suit and made my way to my room.

After entering my room, I freshened up, changed into my oversized t-shirt and shorts, and set my alarm for an early wake-up. I then plopped myself onto the bed and drifted into a deep slumber.

While I was dozing off, lost in dreams of romantic moments with Mr. Chand, I sensed someone gently stroking my head and then planting a soft kiss on my forehead, whispering sweet nothing like"Kainaat kitne bhi khel khel le , par hume juda nhi kar sakti kaha tha na hum phir milengey toh lo mil gaye and abb mai tumhe khud se door kahi nhi jaane dunga . You were mine, you are mine, and you will be mine forever," he whispered affectionately.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
I hope you all love the chapter I'm so sorry for the late updates as u got stuck cause of some important emergencies that's why I can't give double update today but I'll surely give y'll double update tomorrow.

Please engage as much as you can 🌹

Thank you
Nandu