Second

MISSION 1: COMPLETED
REWARD: FIRST AID KIT

"Are they serious? We almost died and all we get is this stupid kit?" Helios complains, holding the first aid kit that appears out of nowhere.

"Where did this even come from?" He complains again.

"Hey, give that to me!" Ella grabs the kit. "I'm starting to regret this, you know?" She winces as she dabs on iodine on her wound.

"Oh, shut up. A billion-gazzilion worth of money is something to die for." Sera sighs, putting her hands under her head.

We're getting money from this? So this is why they joined this game? To win money?

We are now travelling back to the quarters and we successfully completed the mission.

"Why didn't the other teams get evicted or something? We did most of the work." Nate asks.

"Well, the mission was to take down the warehouse, not outdo anyone." Aria gives him a pointed look. "We only made the job easier for them."

I can tell that she's pissed. She almost died because everyone started to panic when Ella got shot. Thankfully, Zade helped her.

The ground once again opened as we entered. I was about to say something about it having some sensory device when the lights suddenly went off.

"Why won't they give us a break?" Nate tries to flick open the car headlights but it won't work.

"Observe." Zade seethes to Nate.

We notice Sera climbing out of the car.

"Wait, what if something is out there?" I call her.

"We won't know for sure will we? This van could explode in 3 seconds for all we know." She responds sarcastically.

"It's fine out here." She says, holding out a flashlight.

"Where'd you get that?" Callum asks a bit angrily. "Do you even know that there are other people aside from you?"

"Oh, so I'm the selfish one now for volunteering to see if there's any danger because all of you are too scared to get out?" Sera holds her hand out raising her voice.

Suddenly the lights illuminated back. I raised my pistol only to see a bunch of mattresses lined up in our quarters.

We all get out cautiously - Sera and Callum's fight ends abruptly but I still notice the daggers Callum is sending her through his eyes.

"Do they really need to do that to give us bed..." She trails advancing to touch the mattresses, testing out its softness.

"Wait, Sera!" I shout frantically.

She doesn't even finish her sentence when she falls down the ground, blood pooling on the floor. A bullet went out of the bed.

"Oh, shit." Ella gasps. "Is she dead?"

I freeze staring at her now dead body. I knew that there was something suspicious about the mattresses... Should I have pulled her, she would've been safe.