𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐓

KEVIN AMAREE PEREZPOV

KEVIN AMAREE PEREZ
POV

''Week 46, this shit wack man'' Kay ticked off the calendar in his office, week 46 probably doesn't hold any weight to you but to Kay, it means 46 weeks since he's seen Malayah. Aggravated he pulled the calendar from off the wall disposing of it, he wanted to find Malayah but hated having a constant reminder of her on the wall.

Despite it being 46 weeks ago Kay vividly recalls the day. He wished he could go back and change things.

After they fell asleep together, well Kay assumed they both fell asleep. When he woke up and didn't see her he didn't assume the worst it was when it got dark he started to wonder, he called her multiple times shocked to find her phone was actually in their bedroom, It's at that point he reported her missing to the police, he even hired a private search party to find her and when not ounce of evidence came back everyone found it bizarre. Malayah's mother and Kay's family began looking and searching for weeks on end, others got tired but Kay and Malayah's mother never stopped looking.

Everyone in his family loved Malayah, but the love and admiration they once had wasn't there anymore they all wanted to know where she had gone, Kay still always spoke about her in a positive light because no matter what she did he could never open his mouth to bash her. People told Kay to stop counting the weeks as Malayah is probably dead and her body is probably floating around a lake. But he was adamant she was alive.

After 6 weeks of her being missing they found out she had fallen into the wrong path, they knew she was alive but it was a matter of them actually finding her, but by the looks of things Malayah didn't want to be found anyways. 

Brushing his thoughts and walking out his office he slammed the door roughly then made his way up the steps so he could tend to his now awake daughter Heaven.

Being a single father and juggling being at rapper with a rising career was difficult to say the least, but he had a great support system consisting of his mother Imani and Malayah's mother. But for the most part Kay spent every hour of the day with Heaven some days were difficult but most days were easy as he was blessed with a happy child.

Malayah's mother felt compelled to help with Heaven considering Malayah wasn't here to do so, someone not so mature was her father. Malayah's father wasn't in attendance at their proposal and had yet to meet Heaven as he refused to get to know the child and was very hostile towards Kay when he gave him a chance to meet Heaven. Even if the older man changed his mind Kay didn't care and his decision was already made that Heaven wouldn't know her grandfather or have a relationship with him.

''Dada...dada..da..da'' Heaven babbled standing on her feet holding onto the railing of her crib, the child was now 10 months and was full of energy, she giggled all the time and despite only being 10 months she wanted to talk so bad.

''Hello Kaori, wassup nuggets'' Kay picked the child up from her crib, he referred to her as nuggets as it was her favourite food in the world, she loved grapes, apple sauce and nuggets.