Chapter 3: Behind Enemy Lines

Arcadia: Midwest - Capital City

In the Capital City of the Midwest, Jethro was able to give Jaune, Lilly, and Liana entry as they walk the City Streets, wearing their disguises which are Cowboy Outifts. As they are walking down the Streets, they noticed a lot has changed, and by that, they mean the amount of Soldiers present in the City. They are described to be wearing white Armor, with some being slightly grey and armed with a Helmet. They have darker Visors which hide their faces, heavier looking Armor with white boots, Knee Pads on the pants, and grey gloves, with the Chest Plate seeming to be ribbed and covers a wider area.

Jaune: Wait a minute, these aren't Arcadian Soldiers

Jethro: They aren't, they're known as Peacekeepers belonging to Earth-66 in North America, from the Nation of Pandem. In other words, Nicolas' Personal Army.

Jaune looks around to see Squads of Peacekeepers all around the Streets, they even built Outposts by the Buildings and have multiple Ground Vehicles stationed there, with Peacekeepers standing on it and watching the Citizens like a Hawk.

Jaune: This doesn't make any sense. We should be pulling our Troops out of the Kingdoms, not securing a post. The Midwest is Arcadia's Ally, and the War is over. There is no need for such Force. My Mother wouldn't agree to this.

Lilly: With Nicolas on the helm of it all, it doesn't feel that way.

Jethro: Like I said, with your Mother under the thumb of Nicolas. Arcadia will change for the worst.

They continue walking as they lower their Heads, tipping their Cowboy Hats downwards, to not let the Peacekeepers see their face.

Jethro: Don't bother, ever since they arrived here, the Peacekeepers have been nothing but incompetent and arrogant to us Arcadians. Their Armor is an attest to that.

Liana: I can tell, the white Armor suggests they're meant to be a highly visible reminder of Nicolas' power.

Jethro: Indeed.

Jaune: Jethro, what have the Peacekeepers been doing to my people?

Jethro: From what I've seen and heard. These Peacekeepers are abusing their power, mistreating many Arcadians in their own Home. You would think they would put a stop to this, but because they have authority given to them by Nicolas, they can do whatever they want without consequence. Which means the Arcadians serve them, despite of Rank, and if any or all Arcadian Soldiers disobey a direct order or any order, will be severely punished and make an example of. Not to mention the Peacekeepers are hoarding our resources and driving people out of their Homes, they use the excuse of them being Traitors as a means to take their belongings and claiming it for themselves.

Hearing what these Peacekeepers have been doing in Arcadia, made Jaune furious. How could his Mother and Aunt allow such Soldiers to commit such heinous deeds to his people?! This kind of action should not be allowed to go unpunished, and yet, his Family aren't doing anything about it. His Aunt Jeanne is no better than the Arrogant and Power Hungry Officers she despises.