Chapter 20: Betrayal

Anika's POV:

"Come with me to my car", Helena instructs.
I follow her and sit down.
"Where are you taking me?", I ask.
"Don't ask so many questions. Just relax and keep your eyes open. You'll know soon".
After a drive of about 20 mins, we pull over at a park.
"Why are we here?"
"Shh. Look over there", Helena points at something.
I notice Riya strolling in the park with a guy. They stop walking and look at each other and start talking about something. I can't hear their conversation. Suddenly the guy walks towards her and kisses her. I can feel my entire body burning at that sight. How can she betray me like that? How long have they been together? Now they are getting married. How can she do this? I can feel my world shattering. I can feel myself choking. I find it hard to even breathe at this point. Riya probably feels my gaze on her and looks up at me. I notice the fear in her eyes. She pushes the guy away and tries to walk towards me but stops. I turn around and walk towards the car and sit down as Helena gets in the driver's seat. I'm fuming with rage. This is why I hate the word LOVE. After I long time I trusted someone and they proved all my insecurities right. Well done Riya.

Riya's POV:
WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED!! WHY DID RAGHAV SUDDENLY KISS ME? AND WHAT IS ANIKA DOING HERE WITH HELENA? DID HELENA SUCCEED? So.... that means... Anika agreed to go back to Helena? Does that means everything ends here? I want to beg Anika to stay but I don't know whether that would be of any use.
Tears flow down my face as I see Anika walk to the car with Helena. I try chasing them but they drive away . I fall to the ground as I scream and sob. Does Anika not care about me anymore? All our memories start replaying in my mind. She never said she loved me anyways, so did she just use me? Was it all fake? Did it mean nothing to her?

Raghav walks up behind me and placed his hands on my shoulder. I stand up and turn around to slap him. He grabs my wrist and twists it and pins it behind my back.
"Don't try to act over smart. Stay in your limits otherwise it will not be good for you and your family"
"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT? WHY THE HELL DID YOU KISS ME? I TOLD YOU I HAVE I'M DATING SOMEONE", I scream at him.
"Listen, I know who you are dating. Anika Mehra, right? You just haven't found the right man for you. I know she has money and you thought you could easily trap a golden bird. I am gonna give you more than she can. You can't even marry her in India. And she will never accept you publicly. So I don't know why you are so adamant on being with her. You have just never been fucked by a guy. Give me a chance, and I know you won't even think about her again", he leans closer and sniffs my neck and tries to kiss it.
I kick his crotch with my entire force and he falls to the ground. I run away as fast as I can.
"Fucking bitch, you are gonna regret this. No one can stop this marriage. Once I catch you, I'm gonna make sure you regret this".

I manage to run back to my house. I shut the door , stand against it ,close my eyes and try to catch my breath.
"Oh my God, Riya beti, are you fine? You are completely soaked", my father exclaims.
He fetches me a towel and i cover myself with it.
I go to my room, undress and go to the shower immediately.

As the hot water splashes against my skin, I try to contemplate the past few weeks. I thought she would be my endgame. I got attached to her so much in such a small amount of time. I didn't even realise how I fell for her. From despising her to being obsessed with her. I trusted her and loved her with everything I had and she never felt the same for me? Tears roll down my eyes again but now there's no one to see, no one to judge. My tears flow drown the drain with other droplets of water from the shower. I wish my memories of her could do so too. But now, I feel like I'm nothing without her. I feel empty. I can't hate her. Is this what she felt when she found about Helena cheating on her? Honestly, I don't want to think about Helena anymore. The more I do, the more worthless I feel. The more I feel like Anika never loved me and it was all just a show to fill the empty void in her heart that was created by Helena. I don't know how I'll go to that office from next day. I can't afford to cross paths with her again and let all those memories come flooding back, cutting through me like a knife every moment.