✦﹒ xiv. family dinner

౨♡ৎ

౨♡ৎ

(this one is 4 u  @ Amxra672 thank u for the idea... sorry it wouldn't tag) 

Javon was going to pick Leila up in a few minutes, he invited her to a family dinner they were having because his mom made him invite her.

Leila wasn't that nervous, She had talked to Jayla online a few times but the rest of the family she knew of from things Javon told her. 

She heard her doorbell go off so she grabbed her things and went out. "Hi" Leila smiled as she opened the door, he smiled back "Let's go?" He said, offering his hand, she took his hand and they both walked to the car.

The drive to Javon's house wasn't that far since the two lived near each other. "They're really excited to meet you" Javon broke the silence. "Really?" She smiled at him "Yeah, I tell them good things about you all the time"

Leila smiled at the thought of Javon talking about her to his family. 

For the rest of the car ride, they didn't talk much, but it wasn't awkward, the two were comfortable with each other. 

"We're here," He said as he parked his car "Woah, your house is nice," Leila said, her mouth opening slightly which made Javon laugh. 

The two got out of the car and walked up to the door, before Javon even tried to open the door, his mom beat him to it "Hi guys, Hi Leila!" She smiled as she went in to hug the girl, she hugged her back

"Hi," She could tell that Leila didn't know what to call her "Call me Jessica" She smiled, letting the two in.

"Leila!" A girl shouted from the couch, Leila looked to where she heard the voice and saw Jayla,  the two smiled widely and Jayla went to hug her. "It's so nice to finally meet you!" Jayla said as the two pulled apart.

"Feel free to sit on the couch while we prepare dinner," Jessica said, pointing at the couch. Javon led Leila to the couch and they both sat beside each other.

Leila and Jayla just talked for a while before someone else went to sit on the couch, It was Jaden "Oh hey, Leila, right?" He said, sitting down beside Jayla "Yeah, Hi" She smiled at him. 

After a few minutes Leila went on her phone, she felt a head on her shoulder and saw Javon looking sleepy "You tired?" She asked in a soft tone "Just a little"

He laid on her shoulder for a few more minutes before they were all called for dinner. Before Leila could sit down their dad came out of the kitchen after cooking.

"Hi, Leila!" He smiled at her as he shook her hand "I'm DJ, It's nice to have you here." He introduced himself. "Thank you so much for having me." Leila smiled at him "Of course, come on, take a seat" 

When they all took their seats, a little boy came running down the stairs "Daelo! There you are! Say hi to Leila" Jessica said to the boy who was out of breath.

"He's so cute" Leila whispered to Javon, "Eh, I'm better" He joked, making her roll her eyes jokingly 

"Hi!" Daelo said, taking a seat beside Leila "Hi, I'm Leila" She smiled at him "I'm Daelo" He widely smiled back 

"Let's eat?" DJ asked them all "Yes please!" Jayla said as she quickly took some food for her plate, making everyone laugh

"This is really good" Leila complimented as she took a bite of the food "Thank you!" Jessica smiled at her.

"Soo..." Jessica started, "Javon hasn't told me, how'd you two meet?" She looked at Leila "Oh, um" She let out a small laugh "I actually messaged him first, 'cause I was dared to..." She said slightly embarrassed which made Javon laugh 

"Ohh okay," Jessica nodded "Just wanted to know because for months he couldn't stop. talking about you" She said which made Javons eyes go wide "Mom!" He said with an embarrassed look, which made everyone laugh "It's true though" Jaden said 

"I hate you all" He jokingly said, everyone laughed. 

For the rest of the dinner they all just talked, they asked Leila things about herself and they finally got to know the girl Javon loved so much. 

Eventually, it was time for Leila to get back home, Javon was gonna drive her back so she said her goodbyes to everyone. "Bye, guys!" She said by the door "Come back soon!" Jessica smiled at the girl 

The two got back in Javons car and started driving back to Leila's house, it was already dark out so after a few minutes, Leila fell asleep in her seat and Javon smiled when he saw her.

They arrived at Leila's house and Javon gently tapped on Leila's shoulder to wake her up, she slowly opened her eyes "We're here" He said in a soft voice. 

"Oh okay, thank you for bringing me back" She smiled at him, Before she could turn away, Javon put his hand behind her neck and pulled her in, their lips touched and after a few seconds, the two pulled apart. "Bye Leils" He smiled at her "Bye," She said as she walked out of the car

She got in her house and Javon drove back.

Leila went to bed really happy about how the day went.

˚୨୧˚ notes . . .

hello if u are reading this pls tell me what u want to happen in this book because i am very clearly running out of ideas....