Chapter eight

After spending their month long honeymoon traveling around Europe, Nicky and Allie were back home.

On her first day back at work, Allie was shocked when she got to her office and the print on the door said 'Allie Huntzberger'. When she left it said 'Sullivan'. She'd assumed that she would have to change it when she got back, but it turned out that Violet took care of it for her.

"Hey there" Violet said as she walked into Allie's office sometime in the afternoon.

"Hey"

"So how's my newly married friend doing? Still in the love bubble?"

"Definitely still in the love bubble" Allie smiled. "This morning my husband woke up at 6am and made me breakfast in bed"

"Aw, he's so sweet" Violet smiled. "Also it's weird as fuck to hear you call Nicky your husband"

"It's still weird to me too" Allie said. "Although at the same time, I kinda never wanna stop saying it"

"That's so great" Violet said. "You guys are coming out tonight, right?"

"Yeah, I think so" Allie said. "Unless Jet lag gets us first"

That night, Nicky and Allie met their friends at a bar that they went to often.

"Ok, now that you guys are back, there's some news that you need to be filled in on" Kyle said.

"I'm pregnant" Maya said.

Allie's jaw dropped. "Bitch, no you're not!"

"Wait for it" Andy said quietly.

"And it's mine" Kyle said.

"What?!"

"Hold on... " Nicky said. When he left the United States a month before, Kyle and Maya were both single and now they were having a baby together. "When the fuck did that happen?"

"May 3rd" Maya said.

Allie laughed. "You guys pulled a Chandler and Monica at our wedding?"

"And somehow also a Ross and Rachel" Emma said.

"Talk about a mind fuck" Joey chimed in.

"I don't think that's the kind of fuck that got them here" Andy joked.

"You're really pregnant?" Nicky asked. Maya and Kyle both nodded.

"So wait, are you guys like a thing now? Is that happening?"

"We're still figuring that out"

——

The next few months were mostly uneventful while Nicky and Allie adjusted to being married, not that it changed much, and in October, Nicky went to California to get a new service dog because it was time for Clover to retire.

One evening Allie was sitting in her living room with Maya.

"Oh, please" Allie rolled her eyes.

"It's true" Maya said.

"You expect me to believe that you're having a baby with this guy, you're moving into his apartment, and you're having sex with him on a regular basis, but you don't have feelings for him?"

"Believe what you want but that's the truth"

"I call bullshit"

"Whatever" Maya said. "How's Nicky doing?"

"He met his dog last night" Allie said. "His name is Buddy, he's a Labrador retriever, and I've seen pictures and he's so freaking cute"

"So what's gonna happen with this cutie" Maya asked and pet Clover who was curled up with her head in Maya's lap. Nicky was asked not to bring her to the training center, so he left her at home with Allie.