Chapter Twenty-Five: The Ultimate Decision

Warnings- short chapter, slight cussing, and CLIFFHANGER!!

new fanfics alert!

Estrella De mi vida (Mafia Miguel o'hara x Vaquera)
Lights, camera, hell (dark Steve Rogers x oc actress)

Both have a few chapters posted.

Thanks for your patience! I am about to publish another book and I have been busy with that but I hope you enjoy this chapter!

So it wasn't Todd or Syd...

Jeremy came upstairs with a worried expression and I just knew who was at the door.

My dad.

"God, Jer, I'm sorry if my dad yelled at you."

"No—" but my dumbass doesn't let him talk. "I shouldn't have involved you in my mess. I'll go downstairs and talk to him."

"Y/N, wait." he grabs my arm.

"It's not your dad," he says.

Oh?

"Who is it? Antonia?" he shakes his head. My stomach churns, by the way, his head shook. His eyes dilated in fear and, the one person that I know for a fucking fact that scares the ever-living shit out of him is...

"It's your godfather. It's Miguel." even hearing his name breaks my heart again.

My eyes swell up with tears. "W-What?"

"He wants to talk to you."

"He's inside the house?" My voice trembles.

He nods. I turn to look at the door. I'm only a few feet away from the man who shattered my heart. And he's here to speak to me?

What could he possibly say?

"Y/N." I turn back to Jeremy. "Do you um lov—

"Do I what?"

He shakes his head and chuckles nervously. "Never mind. It's stupid."

If I'm not entirely wrong, I think he was about to ask me if I love Miguel.

Which I still do.

With clammy hands, I tell Jeremy, "I'll be right back." I walk downstairs, legs shaking. I made it halfway when-

"Mariposa."

Blood drains from my body leaving my bones brittle dry. I haven't heard the sweet tone of my name from his deep voice in a few days.

Something about that nickname just does something to me. Maybe it's because it's Miguel.

He appears from the side of the steps. My heart raced anxiously seeing him. I felt all sorts of emotions and I was certain that I was so close to throwing up.

He looked so handsome but so tireless. He had under eyes. He hasn't slept well I can tell.

A part of me feels relief and good he's going through it because I went through a lot because of him.

I have no one to blame but my own for the built-up hate toward my dad, but if it wasn't for Miguel. It wouldn't have kickstarted.

I'm torn, I love him but he caused me heartache and pain. I'm sure he can convince me to forgive him. Miguel always finds a way. He knows how to sweet-talk me. However, how am I supposed to forget about the damage of six years?

Am I supposed to pretend like it didn't happen?

And what if it happens again... or worse what if he cheats on me?