Sneek Peak at Alex Fic

OKAY!!!! THIS IS A ROUGH ROUGH ROUGH DRAFT! I am still messing with this idea and how it would work but please let me know what you think!!!

Rough Draft Below: 

Amelia thanked the movers as they piled out of her new home. She sighed as she closed her door making sure it was locked. Turning to look at the mountain of boxes scattered around her home made her regret moving for only a second because she truly did hate unpacking. Her eyes searched for her 85-pound dog who somehow disappeared from her sight in her small home. Amela relaxes when she finds Salem splayed out across the cool flooring of her kitchen. So she gets to work and by the time the sun begins to set, she has her bedroom nearly unpacked. Salem's things are also set up and the dog happily drags her bed into the living room directly under the vent. Amelia was worried that sunny Las Vegas would be hot for the massive dog but she was reassured as long as she kept her cool and hydrated she would be perfectly fine.

Amelia looked around her new home as she plopped down on her couch. This was a big move, her closest relative was 14 hours away right now. Probably thinking she was crazy for just up and moving, but Amelia needed a change, her life back in Connecticut was going nowhere, her friends were lowkey toxic and her relationship had blown up in her face. So she was done and was going to do what she wanted, and she wanted to move across the country to take a job that paid her twice as well because why wouldn't she? Her family and friends had told her it was silly to just up and move, she had a life, a decent career spot, and a support system in Connecticut, but she felt suspended. Except in Las Vegas, she had the opportunity to be her boss, work her own hours, and create her own everything really. Her ex had told her to stay in her comfort zone and that the job in Vegas would be so stressful that she wouldn't be able to handle it. Why push herself when they were comfortable? Why try harder when you are stable? It drove her mad that they didn't understand her want to drive and work harder to create something more. Why did she surround herself with unsupportive people she wondered?

She wasn't going to think on it too much, she would be happy in Las Vegas she was sure of it and as Salem plopped down next to her resting her head in her owner's lap she was one hundred percent certain. She would make friends in time and she would find her own place here. No need to think about Connecticut and all the things she left behind because if they cared or saw her they would have supported her anyway.

"You and are gonna be just fine aren't we?" She spoke to Salem scratching her ears. Salem wagged her tail happily.

Yeah, she would be just fine.

Amelia woke up to Salem sitting expectantly at the end of her feet. The dog wagged her tail happily when she noticed her owner had stirred and rushed forward pushing her nose into Amelia's face. Amelia groaned as she glanced at the clock.

"Still running on Connecticut time I see." She tells the dog as she rolls out of bed.

Salem follows closely on her feet as she groggily walks around to get ready. Barking excitedly when Amelia grabs the harness from its spot on the counter and is wiggling her whole body when Amelia slips it on over her head. She grabs her phone, pepper spray, bags, and keys before leaving her home. It's early the sun has just really begun to rise, and Amelia hopes that the realtor was right about this being a safe neighborhood. While she could have let Salem out into the back yard she was excited to explore a bit. Her home is one of the smaller ones in the neighborhood, but she did kind of splurge on herself. She wanted something she could make hers and the place she shared with Oscar was just not that. She couldn't wait to plant flowers and things in her beds and was excited to get her bookshelves set up... which might take a while. Even though Amelia likes to claim big independence, building furniture has never been her strong suit. She was thankful that the bedframe she ordered came with a set-up option. She also needed to build the TV Stand and a few other small things. All of which she was not looking forward to.