1. Bodyguard

LAVANYA

LAVANYA

The sun dipped below the horizon, painting the sky in hues of orange and pink, while the city of Mumbai buzzed with its usual energy.

The bustling streets below the luxurious penthouse echoed with the sounds of honking horns and bustling crowds, a contrast to the serene ambiance within.

As I walked back and forth in my fancy apartment, my phone kept buzzing. It made me scared, reminding me of the bad things that might happen.

Each time it buzzed, my heart felt heavy with fear. I squeezed the phone tight, wishing the bad stuff would go away.

The weight of stardom seemed to bear down on my shoulders, amplified by the recent threats that had besieged my life.

"Lavanya, this is serious. We can't take any chances," my mother's voice echoed through the halls, carrying with it an air of authority.

"I know, I know. But a bodyguard, really? Can't we just beef up security?" My voice wavered with fear, eyes darting to the windows, half-expecting danger to leap out from the shadows at any moment.

I know I'm getting death threats, but hiring a bodyguard? It's like invading privacy. And I don't want a boring old hulk guy to keep following me everywhere I go.

My father, a man of words, interrupted with a firm tone. "No discussions. This is non-negotiable. We've already arranged a bodyguard for your safety."

"I didn't ask for this," I whispered to myself, holding onto my phone tighter. Having a bodyguard felt like someone barging into my life, making me feel unsafe even in my own home.

But at the same time, it may make me relieved, knowing that someone is there, by my side to protect me from the scary things lurking outside.

When my mom's strong voice echoed through the house, I got frustrated. "I'm not a kid," I thought, feeling annoyed that I would be watched over all the time.

They left, leaving me alone in this big apartment. I know they do love me, but at least they should have comforted me. But all they care about is their reputation. So called politicians.

But I'm feeling curious. Who would they send as a bodyguard? Maybe those hulk guys that they show in the movies?

Well even though I'm getting hate and threats, I'm sure that my boyfriend would handle everything. I just came into a relationship with one of the famous actors in India and I'm getting threats because of that?

I am sure that he would come in front of the media and ask HIS fans to not invade our privacy. It's our life, and they don't have any right to interfere into someone's private life.

A big sigh left my mouth. Let's see what happens. I hope this ends soon, so I don't have to hire a bodyguard for long.