𝙎𝙚𝙡𝙛 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙡. II

Lealani "nini" RhodesChicago, IllinoisAugust 11th, 2017

Chicago, Illinois
August 11th, 2017

The first day of summer.

honestly, out of all of my friends i was dreading summer the most. The hot sticky weather was the worst part but there were good parts too. i was nervous as well because they'd been saying Ky'Mir would be coming home.

Ky'Mir was my best-friend, inseparable since kids. i remember the night he got arrested in front of me, everyone had convinced me it was my fault so i just distanced myself from him, stopped answering his calls, ghosting his family. i knew he'd be pissed when he came back.

we had promised eachother that no matter what the circumstances were, we would never switch up and well, i switched.

pretty girls and booda😒

My maj💕

y'all seen this? Sincere done got up out the pennn🫣

mirahmirah💓
say u stg??😂 yoo i thought he ain't get out til June?

booda🖤
naw my yn got out last night😂😂he been sleep but he lookin fa Nini

mirahmirah💓
looking for nini for what?? y'all know she not gon wanna speak to Sin after what happened that night , don't push it ..

END OF CONVERSATION

i stared at my phone in disbelief. my instagram was blowing up messages asking me if i had spoken to Ky'Mir.

Ky'Mir.

i knew he'd be on his way to my house as soon as he woke up which is why i didn't text the group chat back. booda snitch ass would've told him i was in there and he'd take the phone. i decided to call the separate group chat with out booda in it to see what the girls had to say.

Ty'Mirah was the first to answer

"NI NIIIII", she yelled out, cheesing at the screen and sticking out her tongue to mock an emoji.

"Mirah please not right now.. what y'all mean this man is home! he wasn't supposed to get out until June! i'm not prepared!", i whined, pouting and playing with my the thread on my fluffy pillow to distract myself.

"yall booda is calling me, should i just add him to the call or decline?" Semajè went silent, waiting for a response.

"add him.", me and Mirah spoke at the same time.

booda immediately joined the call. he had a cup of water in his hand and the camera was flipped. i knew this nigga was about to pull some fuck shit so i just sighed.

"booda i'm over here stressed and you creeping through yo house like a fucking ninja!" i said.
"girlll, im tryna go prank sin, welcome home type shittt.", booda laughed.

he inched even closer to sin and laughed before pouring the water all over sins face, making sin sit up straight. staring dead at booda.

"Tylan.."
i haven't heard that voice since we were 12. my breath hitched a little and i sat in thought before he got to yelling.

"Tylan bitch ion remember ever playing wit you like dat! A nigga just got home, can i fucking sleep?!", his voice boomed through the phone while me, mirah and semajè laughed super hard. the phone dropped and we could hear them fighting.

"stupid dumbass nigga! got me soaked in my fucking clothes!"
he chased booda throughout the whole house before booda stopped due to being out of breath.

"aye"

"what yo. what."

"i got yo ass didn't i?" booda laughed and started running again before locking himself into the bathroom.

"i gotta go yall this nigga acting crazy as a bitch!"
he hung up the phone.

"y'all..he really back for real.." i said.
"i wonder if he thought about me yet. i miss him" i stared into the camera, looking delusional as hell while both girls stared at me.
"girl fucking bye" mirah laughed straight in my face. "you scared as fuck to see that nigga be real."

"okay you might be right but that's not the point."

"well.." majè (semajè) spoke. "they having a lil kickback for his welcome home i can send the flyer to the group chat."

"bet."

"NINI", my mom yelled from down the hall.

"hold on y'all" i spoke into the phone. "MAAM?"

"Come in here and watch this news with me. You know Ky'Mir on this tv??", Mama said.

"Here i come!"

i walked into her room and read the news headline.

"Juvenile Ky'Mir Jenkins has been released from a Juvenile Detention Facility. Assault and battery charges have been dropped until further notice. Back to you Tony."

"thats a damn shame, assault AND battery? let me go call tanya and see if this hardheaded boy is home. we should all have dinner"

"i don't know if that's a good idea mama.."

"i don't care what you think is a bad idea, immmm the mama silly. anyways, tanya where's ky..."

i tuned her out immediately. i went back in my room and checked the group chat to see the kickback information. it was tomorrow. i might make an appearance.

END OF CHAPTER.