Chapter The Sign of Zorro: Endgame

Song: "Disney's Zorro Theme"

"Mackenzie, we need to talk." Maisie pulled her aside once the Guests left after the talk. She lifted her finger. "You can't tell anyone, nada, about Melody."

Feya's guilt had leveled out after her choice and how she tried to stop Melody from appearing, but it was still very much there. A grief counselor may be the best thing for her. "I tried to stop her from appearing, but now I realize that was wrong," she explained. "However, only a few people can know her identity. So, please, Mackenzie." Feya picked up Daisy and stroked her.

"Don't worry, girls," Mackenzie said. "Your secret's safe with me. I'm just honored to finally meet the Veracruz Ghost." She smiled at Melody. "I always knew she was real, but I never considered her full story."

"It was my fault, too," Melody admitted. "I should've asked for help when I was in trouble. I shouldn't have lived on my fears."

Feya couldn't, either. Victoriya wouldn't want that. She would want her to live and reach the Olympics, and Feya would.

"So, we all agree we're on good terms?" Maisie questioned after a long silence.

Mackenzie nodded. "Agreed." She looked at Melody. "And, Melody, stay as long as you need here at Coronado. If you need anything, come to me. I'm here five days a week."

"Thank you," Melody stated. "I'm just glad to meet people who finally accepted me."

"Ooh, you know what this calls for, girls?" Maisie leaped before them and clapped. She punched the warm evening air and added, "Shopping!"

It was nice to see her back to her old, jokey self.

Back in the Tower Maisie, Feya, and Melody went to Panchito's Gifts and Sundries behind the fountain, where Feya had met up with Melody the day before. She hadn't realized it was beside a café, Café Rix, until now.

The three girls walked up and down the store's aisles, checking out souvenirs, clothes, and more. A lot was squeezed into the small shop, but they made it work.

"Perfect!" Maisie said, stopping next to a stand of Pride souvenirs. She grabbed three pairs of Mickey ears and handed two to Melody and Feya. "Let's get these!"

"I'm game," Melody said, trying her ears on. "However, I don't have any money."

"Aw, don't worry." Maisie lightly punched her shoulder. "I'll pay for it."

"Wait, are you sure? I don't want to be a burden." Melody removed her ears and started to set them back on the shelf.

Maisie snatched her wrist. "No! It's on me, Mel. You helped me believe in spirits, and I couldn't be more grateful."

"But, May..."

Feya chimed in. "You heard her. Don't worry about a thing, Melody." After helping her and Maisie reconcile, she deserved a free pair of Pride ears.

Maisie and Feya paid together with their discounts.

"Thank you," Maisie said, retrieving the Disney World bag from the Cast Member. After handing out the ears again, she, Melody, and Feya left Panchito's and went outside to Melody's bridge.

The memory from earlier flashed through Feya's mind. She still couldn't believe Maisie and Daisy jumped into Dorado after her. And then Melody. Seeing her underwater was the most fascinating thing Feya had ever experienced, next to childhood memories with Victoriya. She and Maisie wouldn't have experienced a magical moment like that if she followed through.