~ Project part 2 ~

They worked for next few hours, and after 8 pm they had almost everything - except date spots.

"I hate Mr. Thomas", Ashlyn fell exhausted on the bed, head on the pillow. Aiden lied next to her. 

"I hate him more" he groaned back.

"Date spots? Stupid. What is this all about?!"

"Wait, I'll read what Mr. Thomas gave me." Aiden reached for one of the sheets with teacher's instructions. " 'Organize date spots that will be prizes in the Valentine's Day lottery. the school will purchase the necessary tickets or vouchers. There should be about 10 date spots. Be creative.' Okay, that's really stupid...!"

"How do we know where to go on dates? I've never been to one." 

"Seriously?" Aiden asked before he could stop himself. 

"...Yeah." Ashlyn said slowly. "I think it's quite obvious, considering that I've been a loner all my life." 

"Umm, right. I just thought... I didn't expect that". 

He didn't? So... He was thinking about it...?

She glanced at him. He was staring at the ceiling (wait is this our fav ship again? A/N) , his eyes shone gold in the brightness of the Christmas lights that had been hanging since Christmas. 

"And you...?" she asked quietly. "You've been on a date before, right?" 

"N-no..." he hesitated for a moment. "I told you once, I've been traveling since I was a child. I haven't had much of a chance to fall in love or anything... I had no way of even making deeper acquaintances." 

"That must have sucked." Ashlyn felt a lump in her throat. He must have had a terribly lonely life. True, she had always been lonely too, but in the end it was her own choice. "Have your..." she stopped. 

No, don't ask him about it. It certainly hurt him that his parents didn't care about his opinion. 

 "Have you ever been to another continent?" she finished the sentence and Aiden nodded. 

"I've been to Australia and Asia, but not for very long. My parents got bored quickly. To be honest, I didn't expect that they would be willing to settle in one place." 

"Oh. And you didn't like it? Traveling, I mean." 

"Not in the long run. I like it much more now, cause I finally have friends", Aiden turned to her. "What about you? Are you glad you have friends now?" 

"I..."  Ashlyn stopped for a moment. "I think so."

 They were silent for a while. Then she smirked.

"You know, we wouldn't be friends if you hadn't started hitting on me a few months ago." 

"Hitting on you?" he snorted. "Don't imagine too much." 

"Excuse me, who is imagining too much here?" she laughed. "It was you who clung to me from the beginning." 

"I just wanted to find a friend, ok?" he nudged her playfully with his elbow. "I didn't know how else to do it". 

"But why it has to be me?!" 

"Because you looked like someone who was hard to be friends with, and I like challenges.

"And do you regret you thought that?" 

"Of course no."

His gaze moved lower, to her lips, and Ashlyn quickly looked away, realizing his face was much too close hers. Her heart was beating at least twice as fast as normal. 

"Let's return to date spots then." 

"Shit, I almost forgot!" 

"Me too, and it's almost half past nine." she glanced at the clock. "So, where you would go on a date?"