Chapter Three

Rei lay on the couch feeling kinda bored. The TV was on but he was staring at the ceiling with a deadpan expression that said, 'I just wish to disappear'. That went on for about two more minutes out of the two hours already wasted, till his phone, which was hidden somewhere in the couch, dinged. 

He sat properly and then ran his fingers between the little spaces on the couch, when his fingers finally located the phone; he pulled it out and turned it on to see who sent him a message.

He read out loud, "Mr. Dedante, where are you? Don't you think you are being a little irresponsible? Mr. Baynette is furious that you aren't here" he raised a brow and muttered, "Who the hell is Baynette?" 

He started typing back to the 'Secretary Vin' asking who the hell he was and who Mr. Baynette is. He received a phone call in response to his text but it wasn't from the secretary guy but rather 'Mr. Baynette'. Rei carelessly picked it up and lazily asked, "Hello?" he received an irritated huff-chuckle in return and the voice spoke with anger in it, as clear as daylight, "You have the guts to speak so carelessly when you are about three hours late? Do you really not value this job?" and Rei who was clueless said with confusion, "Since when did you become my boss?"

Meanwhile, the man on the other end who was sitting on a spinning chair in an elegantly decorated office furrowed his already furrowed brows. When he heard the question, 'Since when did you become my boss?' his eyes widened significantly, 'What is wrong with this person?' was the first thought that ran through his mind, he was about to speak again when he heard the man other end click his tongue loudly and say, "Besides, you just call me and start talking to me anyhow? Did your parents not teach you manners? At least send over a little greeting, don't start with such a rude tone after all it's not like I stole your money or something, gee" Kyle, the apparently rude man, was just appalled and speechless. No one except his parents and probably younger siblings has ever dared to speak in such a scolding tone towards him. 

He gritted his teeth and scowled, "Dedante, are you seriously speaking to me like that?" Rei just scoffed and raised his voice and replied, "What? It's not like you're the prince of the world!" but then paused, what if this word really did have a prince and this his supposed boss was the prince? After that thought presented itself, it was quickly walked away with another thought that it couldn't be, though he didn't know where the certainty came from, he just knew it couldn't be. Meanwhile Kyle had his mouth agape, 'This mutt really dares!'

Kyle spoke through gritted teeth, "Get here! Now! Or I'll make sure you never ever find any other job, no matter what it entails, as long as you live!" Rei was instantly spooked, did he have the power to do that? He didn't want to experiment so he simply laid out his question for Mr. Baynette to hear, or more like blurted- "Are you really the prince of this world to have such tremendous power over different sectors of economy?"

Silence followed and Rei was met with a cut line. He looked with wide eyes at the phone that had been cut off from the call, "This brat..." he raised the side of his lips to give a disgusted look to the phone before dropping it and saying yet again to himself, "I might never find work again because the prince of this world is now mad at me..." he looked at the cushion, which he threw on the floor when he was looking for his phone, and squeezed it with both arms close to his chest and had a nice scream fest, only realising his utterances full of boldness and stupidity.

-----------

Rei found himself in front of an about 30 floors high building and sighed. Vani was upstairs during his whole ordeal with Kyle so when he heard him scream, he came rushing down. 

Rei asked for directions to his 'workplace' and Vani sheepishly told him the address, after all it was the sole purpose he struggled to wake Rei in the morning, though he forgot after learning of Rei's bizarre otherworldly travel. Rei sighed and waltzed into the building while shuffling his feet.

When he got in and went past the receptionist, she called him back and told him that he has to sign and write what the time was. When he took the pen, she sent him a worried gaze and whispered, "Hey, why did you come so late? Do you want to lose your career?" he rose his head up and replied, "I didn't know that I changed jobs...somehow" she looked at him, questioning with her eyes and said, "Let's talk later okay?" Rei guessed blueberry knew her since she was being so familiar, so he nodded and turned around to go to the boss's office aka Kyle's office.