78 PARIS X GEN NEEDS YOUR HELP!

78. PARIS X GEN NEEDS YOUR HELP!

note: last chap for a while bc I have ALL of my exams whole of next week sooooo yeahjh sorry guyssssss I got 0/20 in algebra last time so I actually need to study 😜😜😜😜

˖*⋆。˚𖦹࣪˖ ִֶָ⋆。°✩

GETTING

called to Ego's office is one of the most out-of-body, terrifyingly rare things you have ever experienced. You've always been a good kid in school. You've gotten detention a maximum of three times, only for being late after dropping your two sisters off, and you've never been a disruptive child in class.

Sure, you would sometimes laugh a little too loud with your friends, or maybe forget to turn down the music in your one earbud that was always hidden behind your ear—but that was as far as your getting in trouble with the teacher ever went.

Now you understood why all of the troublemakers in your class were terrified of the principal. In your high school, he was generally a nice guy and didn't treat you too badly—you didn't understand it.

Now, you really do.

This is absolutely, indefinitely petrifying.

You think your heart might just crawl up out of your throat. Despite this, you feel a distinct sense of deja vu. You swear this has happened before, but you just can't place your finger on it.

Whatever.

You can think about it all you want later because right now, you think you might actually piss yourself. Has Ego always been this scary? You can't remember. You feel like there are hundreds of ghost hands trying to hold you back—but, against your prime instincts, you raise your knuckles and slam them against the door.

The knock is loud and resonated throughout the room. There's no way Ego hadn't heard it. You stand in front of the large steel door in silence for a few more good moments—until you hear the clicking of heels rushing up, and you take a good step back.

Just in time for the door to swing open—you're glad it hadn't hit you smack dab in the face—Anri stands, tablet clutched to her chest and a breathless expression on her face. Her lips curl upwards at the sight of you and she gestures behind her, "Hello, [name]! Thank you for coming."

You give her a small nod of acknowledgement—your eyes quickly catch sight of the elephant in the room. You assume he has a fast metabolism because with all that garbage he shovels in his face hole, he should be the size of an elephant. Ego turns around methodically slow in his spinny chair and gives you his signature blank-eyed stare you've come to be so familiar with.

"Good morning." He says, in his raspy, shrill tone. "Have you been good?" 

You don't get a chance to respond because he simply assumes for you. You're mildly offended. "Good, good. I have a request for you." And by request, he means a direct order you should do well not to deny. What a joke. "Go to the Paris X Gen strata. Now."

Well, out of everything, you really were not expecting that. Your brows furrow and you scrunch up your nose at him, "Why?"

"Do I need to provide you a reason?" You nod your head aggressively, and with a pleading look from Anri, he sighs loudly, irritably, and relents. "Shidou Ryusei and Itoshi Rin got into another... disagreement today, and Shidou Ryusei is refusing treatment from anybody except you. He was only temporarily sedated by registered electric shocks after physically assaulting a medical faculty member."