𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

ELSIE
6 years later

"Do you want more?" I asked Aislinn, my daughter. She shook her head, the dark strands of her hair falling down her forehead.

She was peacefully eating her lunch by the table. Aislinn was almost four years old. She looked exactly like her dad. With piercing green eyes and dark chocolate hair that was shiny, yet had soft waves just like mine.

There were few light freckles scattered over her tiny nose, just like Fenix.

"Mama, where is Ian?" Aislinn asked after a while. Her top was dirty with food and she had some of it smeared around her mouth as well.

I grabbed a napkin and gently wiped her face.

"Ian will be here soon baby. As well as your dad." Ian was in school and Fenix was going to pick him up after he was done with work.

"Okay." She said and jumped down from the chair. Her tiny feet tapped on the floor as she made her way to the living room.

I had so much work to do on my computer but I got preoccupied with lunch. Yavuz still worked for us but I loved cooking lunch myself. He was here sometimes to prepare dinner or whenever I was not home.

Also he worked here all the time when I was pregnant, because Fenix wouldn't let me move around. He thought I was going to hurt myself with every little step I took.

I cleaned the top of the kitchen island and walked over to the sink.

The entrance door opened. It must be Ian and Fenix. It was past 3pm. Ian finishes school around half past two but he waits for his dad to pick him up.

Aislinn was playing with her toys and didn't really paid attention to anything around her. She was a very peaceful kid which I was thankful for. She was in her own world, occasionally playing with Ian whenever he was home.

Or with me and Fenix.

Shoes cracking on the floor echoed in the hallway and soon Ian and Fenix stepped in.

Ian's head was bowed down, his hair falling over his forehead. His shoulders were slumped. Something was definitely off.

I looked at Fenix, my face morphed in confusion. He just let out a sigh and took off his suit jacket.

"Hi mom." Ian said and dropped his bag on the chair next to the table. Around three years ago, Ian started calling me mom. It was spontaneous and of course it filled me with so much joy and pride. He called Sally by her name so he told me that he wanted to call me mom.

Here and there the nickname Eli came up but he preferred calling me as his mom.

"Something happened Ian?" I made my way towards him. He was already slightly taller than me. He was going to be thirteen soon.

I placed my fingers under his chin and lifted his head.

There was a bruise on his cheek and his lip was split, blood dried on the wound. I rubbed my eyes and let out a breath.

This was not the first time Ian has gotten into a fight.

"Did you get into a fight with someone again?" He averted his eyes in shame and pushed his hair back.

"Ian we had a talk about this. How many times have I told you that this is not a way to solve problems?" He shrugged his shoulders. Fenix leaned on the kitchen island. From what I was able to notice, he already talked with him about this in the car on their way here.

"They talked about my real dad." He murmured.

I pulled him close to me and hugged him. I kissed his temple and rubbed hair back gently.

"Go change your clothes and we'll eat." I said to him and ruffled his hair with a smile.

Ian was getting more and more angry as he was getting older. He was seeing Sally sometimes on the weekends but he didn't want to see Wayne, his biological father even though he reached out for him.

I know he was angry at Sally as well. Even though he was willing to meet her, he was visibly mad at her.

I couldn't blame him and tell him how to feel. But I had to make sure to pull him away from trouble as much as I could.

Fenix said that Ian should do some type of sport, to take his mind off of things that were tormenting his mind. Maybe that would help him.

The only interest he has shown was for karate.

Ian walked over to Aislinn and kissed her forehead. He grinned at her and took her in his arms and twirled her around.

He was extremely loving with his sister but I was worried about him.

He let her down and ran upstairs to his room.

"I talked with the principal. They'll call the parents of the kid he had a fight with." Fenix hooked his arm around my waist and kissed the top of my hair.

"I don't know what to do." I leaned back and rested my head on his chest. Aislinn ran towards us and hugged her dad's leg.

"Dad..." She whined and Fenix picked her up in his hands.

She snuggled into his embrace and giggled while hiding her face in his neck.

I began to set the table and Fenix helped me despite having our daughter in his hands.

Ian came back down in the kitchen. He was freshly showered, his har pushed back. He was dressed in sweatpants and a t-shirt.

He looked at me with guilty eyes and closed the distance between us. He hugged me again, hiding his face in my shoulder.

"Sorry mom. I'm sorry." He murmured and tightened his hands around me.

"It's okay but we have to talk about this. Okay?" He hummed and loosened his arms.

I kissed his forehead again and checked his face, looking at the wounds. Thankfully they were not bad.

"Let's eat." Fenix ushered to sit by the table. He had Aislinn on his lap even though she ate, she wanted to be by her dad.

We began to eat and I talked about my work. Our lunch was spent like every other one we had in the past.

It was perfect.

I had my perfect family close to me. In the place I felt the safest with my loved ones.

THE END

Much love to everyone who read this book, I hope you enjoyed it :)

🤍🤍🤍