11.

RHEA's POV:

Instead of feeling pitiful, I strengthened my resolve.

I realized I needed to go at his pace because he wasn't his usual self.

"Kronos... I promise I won't hurt you. I'm only here to help. Let me help, please." I pleaded.

My mate, who was a 6-foot male, looked terrified. He looked uncertain, deciding whether or not to trust me. I continued to wait for him until he was ready.

Minutes passed, and I sat there waiting for him.

To my surprise, he slowly reached out his hand, and I quickly pulled him in for a hug. At first, he tensed at my contact, but after feeling the sparks, he relaxed before falling into broken sobs.

I held him, shocked, but knew he needed me more than ever. Honestly, I didn't recognize him at all. He always held no emotion on his face. He was distant and always avoided me. This was something new to me.

After some time, Kronos, who had his head buried into my neck, leaned back and looked at me. Gosh, even after all that crying, he still looked so breathtaking. I blushed suddenly, realizing I was sitting in his lap while comforting him. He tilted his head, confused yet thankful, before touching my cheek.

This only made me feel more red.

I'm going to die at this rate if he keeps getting closer. Not wanting to be the only one embarrassed, I hurriedly wiped away a stray tear from his face. The sparks flew, making Kronos shy as he also realized where my position was.

It didn't last long before our peaceful silence was ruined.

"Jesus Christ, what the hell happened here?"

Turning around, it was Azrael who I heard. Taking a guess, I ask directly, "And where have you been?"

Azrael laughed nervously at my question, standing still at the doorway. He then looked down, seeing an unconscious Gaia. "I was busy... and I can see what happened here. You could have just taken out the trash fully. I would have done it myself if I had known she had gotten out." He muttered, seeming unsatisfied.

I rolled my eyes, "Is that all you have to say? Get the pack, doctor."

"Already ahead of you. He's on the way. More importantly, Alpha, are you alright?" Azrael said, concern laced in his voice.

Kronos, who was pretending to be my chair, nodded, still shy.

Clearing my throat, I sat up from Kronos's lap. He followed suit, his facial features morphing into disappointment.

I looked to Azrael, who wanted answers.

"So, care to tell me what just happened?" He asked, now in front of us.

I mutter sadly, yet irritated. "His mother happened. I put her fucking ass in place. That's what she gets for laying her hands on my mate," I pointed, her unconscious body lying on the ground.

He seemed to be in deep thought before turning to Kronos. "Shouldn't you tell her, Kronos? Your mother keyed the lock during the switching of patrols. Of course, we're reinforcing the lock and changing it into something that cannot be picked."

I frowned, "Is this the first time she's done this?"

"Surprisingly, yes. We found that she made a hairpin from the materials she found in jail. It took her months to collect them. You'd be shocked to see what she can do. She was the Luna, after all."

Drifting out of my thoughts, I again focus on my injured mate.

In a daze, Kronos only agreed with Azrael's and my words. Just then, the pack doctor comes running in. He seemed shocked by the mess but cleared his throat. He removed his stethoscope and some bandages from the bag before standing before Kronos.

He tended to our injuries and mine.

In his instructions, Kronos needed a day's rest before all the wounds healed. We're werewolves, so fast healing abilities are something we're blessed with.

I was also fine since my injuries and scratches were minor.

The pack doctor bowed to me and dismissed himself.

Azrael looked at me after the pack doctor left before returning to Kronos. "You need to tell her, Kronos. You know that she doesn't even know what's going on or happening. We agreed to go at your pace, but she can't just turn her back on what happened. It would be better for her to know."

My mate nodded once more, turning away.

The beta sighed and waved goodbye, telling me to take good care of Kronos. "We'll take care of this mess. Can you take him to his room if you don't mind?"

His room?

I've never been in there.

I was only there when I looked for him but never fully inside.

I agreed, smiling. "Already on it. Thank you, Azrael."

He winked, "Anytime."

I helped Kronos out of his office, and Kronos pointed toward his room as he leaned against me for support. It was a little tricky due to our size difference, but I managed it. Arriving at his room, I opened the door and was impressed at how clean the room was.

Setting him down on his bed, Kronos refused to make eye contact with me. He pulled out his phone and started typing.

I'll finally be able to know what happened.

But what he told me shocked me to the core.