chapter-16

"Lady Cordelia, you've known prince theodred since you were children, do you think that gives us an edge in this contest?" Another reporter asked Cordelia.

"Absolutely, theodred and I have a rich shade of history woven between us" cordelia answered.

"We're really like a couple of old books" she added further

"Obviously, I am happy to prove my worth for him, but I belive we all know who will be selected in the end." She continued further.

"Sophia, what qualities do you think a princess of Castile should possess?" One of the reporter asked sophia.

"A princess needs to have intelligence, grace and resielnce" sophia answered wonderfully.

"Being a princess isn't easy. It's a lot of hard work as you have to act as a role model at all times." Sophia added.

"I believe that I possess the attributes required and I am looking forward to continuing to prove my worth." Sophia continued further.

The press continues to examine sophia for questions, asking more personal and official questions until they finally comes to the question Mathilde warned her about.

Sophia watch as each girl answers.....

"Above all, i pledge my loyalty to my prince" lady Cordelia answered

"Loyalty to the crown is of maximum importance" lady Lisa answered

"I vow to always be loyal to my husband" lady pricilla answered

"Until the day I die, my loyalty lies to my kingdom" lady prenela answered.

As the press turns to sophia, she realizes that none of the other girls have answered correctly and this is her moment.

"Sophia, where do you feel your loyalties lie?" One of the reporter asked

"So far My answers have been great! I cannot back down now or I could loss theo forever. It's time for me to show the king and the world that I'm worthy of Theo's heart"Sophia thought.

"I pledge my loyalty to my country, the court and the king" sophia answered.

"I understand the importance of loyalty to the crown and I vow that until the day I die, my loyalties lie with them" she added further

"I understand that when theodred ascends the throne. He will become my supreme, My husband and my ruler
My loyalties will be double pledged to him, as My king,my love and My life." she continued.

"OMG! I'm fainting" one of the reporter exclaimed excitedly.

"I don't think I've ever heard a more fluent answer " another reporter exclaimed.

"Yes, it's incredible" one of the reporter replied.

"Is the king smiling at me?" Sophia thought

"Now that the press conference has reached its end, I thank the press for their service" the king declared.

"Ladies, if you would make your way to the western hallway, I shall meet with you there to announce who has won in the second challenge and who will be leaving us" the king ordered and all the ladies went there.

"Ladies, I thank you for your performances today" the king exclaimed

"To varying degrees, you faced the media and rose to the challenge" the king continued further.