Epilogue: Prom

Reniyah Andrea Moore:

(Ruh-niy-yah) - Niyah - Linah

Epilogue: Prom

I stood nervously, slipping my blue, diamond prom dress on. I quickly slicked my 32 inch bussdown, and put my heels on. Just downstairs, Jahserih was waiting for me.

Flashback: 1 Week Prior

"I'm scared, what if he never asks me?" I fumbled my hands, confiding to Kayla. Prom is happening within a week and with everything that happened, Seraph was still on edge. Especially after getting out the hospital.

"Linah, you were lucky you didn't sustain any major injuries. We thought you weren't going to come out of there alive and you're worried about prom?" Kayla sighs.

I understand that Kayla is worried, who wouldn't be? But, it's done. It's over with. I just want to move on from it and be happy, I don't regret it and never will. I love Jahserih more than I've ever truly loved anyone.

"I know, I know. But, a lot of things made me realize life is short. All I want is good memories before my time is up." I smiled, Kayla mumbled something back but I wasn't paying attention.

"Stop talking as if you're leaving me mama" Seraph hugged me from behind, I let out a obnoxious giggle.

"Stopppppp," I smiled, bringing him in for a kiss.

"Sorry Kayla, I need to still this lil girl from you," He cheesed, she nodded her head.

"I'll catch up with you later!" Kayla yelled, I nodded my head, watching her disappear through the hallway.

"So what did you need me for?" I folded my arms, looking at him suspiciously.

"First let me put this blindfold on you." He rummaged through his pockets, pulling out a black bandanna.

"Whyyyy?" I pouted. "I won't be able to see anything."

"That's the point," Jahserih laughed. "Follow me." He grabbed my hand and led me down what I believe to be the hallway.

As we walked I began to hear whispers and became weary. What was going on?

I heard what seemed to be a door opening and closing, Jahserih leading me through it.

"Here, take off your blindfold." He breathed deeply.

I was in shock for what awaited me. I opened my eyes and caught the most beautiful scenery, written straight out of Princess and the Frog. The Gym was decorated with lily of the valley lights, and faux leaves. Students stood in a line with white roses, coming up one by one to give me each. My eyes began to tears as "Never Knew I Needed" by Ne-yo played in the background. Did I truly deserve all this?

As this happened, Seraph disappeared. As I finally received the last white rose, he tapped my shoulder and held a cute board decorated with Tiana and Naveen, asking me if I would be his date to prom.

"I know we haven't had much time together lately, so I wanted to make sure this was special as it could be for you, mama. I love you so much and I wanna make you happy. Will you give this frog a kiss and make me a prince, so I can show you what it's like to be a princess?"

I wiped my eyes and shook my head, leaning in for a kiss. I accepted the prom proposal and everyone started cheering for us. It couldn't have been more perfect.

Flashback Ends:

"Princess!" Seraph yelled, I spewed a nervous "yes baby."

"Are you ready?" He chuckled against the room door.

"Yes." I spoke softly.

"Can I open the room door?" He continued, I didn't answer.

Without a thought, I opened it and he stared at me immediately. I started to feel slightly self conscious. The wound from one of the bullets was visible above my shoulder.

"Do you like it?" I shyly asked, his eyes glimmered at me.

"You look so beautiful." He cupped my face, kissing me softly. "I wonder how I got so lucky to have such a pretty lady like you mama."

I blushed at his remarks before fixing his tie. "You look handsome as well baby. Shall we go?"

"We shall." He smiled, leading us to the limousine.

After 8 minutes, we arrived at the school and practically began partying and dancing until we could barely stand straight. I don't think I had so much fun. Then afterwards, we made love.

I always think back to that day that me and Seraph first met. There was so much angst, yet also so much love.

Without him, there is no me. And it is the same for him.

"I love you." I confided once more to him.

"I love you too."

A/N: I can't lie this chapter is pretty lazy but i figured i'd write a lil something for u guys since it's reached 90k! i hope u guys kinda like it. and congrats to class of 2024.