-=+=- Chapter 12: But I've Already Lost Mum -=+=-

EDITED ON THE THIRD OF APRIL OF 2017

-Previously on Half Human... Half Lion-

"She has renounced her claim on the Son of Adam's blood," Aslan announced. I was so relieved when he said that simple sentence. Everyone around me was delighted as much as I was. I guess that speech work.

"How do I know your promise will be kept?" The Witch asks back at her throne. Then Aslan roared at her that made her fall into her seat. Everyone cheered at Aslan for that. Everyone cheered for that I get to stay alive. I get a surprise hug from Leo. I was surprised in both says but I hugged her back. She then let go.

"I guess that speech really did work," She said with relieve and joy in her tone then he hugged me again. I let go once fauns started coming up to me to congratulate me. I'm so happy I can't even explain.

-And now on Half Human... Half Lion-

Leona's POV,

It was now dark outside and father wanted to talk with me. He said it had something to do with what his promise was to the Witch. I snuck out of my tent when the girls were asleep, I took my messenger bag and my daggers with me just in case. I put on a long green cape that went to my feet with a hood on it so no one could see me. Father was waiting outside.

"Walk with me dear," he said. We walked into a forest.

"Leona, there is a promise I kept with the White Witch. Can I trust you if I tell you this promise?" He asks.

"Of course father."

"Well, your speech did work with the Witch. I was able to get Edmund not killed on the Stone Table because I know that you and the rest of the Pevensie love him. I can't let you be heartbroken when the one you truly love dies but to replace Edmund, I had to take his place" when I heard his final sentence I was about to cry.

"But father, you said that you can't let me be heartbroken when someone I love dies. I love you more than anything, I already lost my mother to the White Witch now you?!" I said with tears coming down my cheeks.

"I said the one you truly love and in this case that is Edmund. I'm sorry for this has to happen but that's the way the Witch wants it to be. I'll be with your mother again and I've asked Peter to take care of you."

"Peter told me that at breakfast this morning."

"I know. Before I die, promise me one thing?" he asks hoping.

"Anything Father!" I said with tears still down my eyes.

"Always remember the love that is in this necklace," He said. That's what father said when I left Narnia when I was five.

"Of course father," I said before giving him a hug. My tears got part of his mane wet.

"Climb on my back. It'll be the last time you will," I do as he says.

"Shouldn't you both be in bed?" he ask. I turn my head to see if anyone's there.

"We couldn't sleep," Lucy said walking out from behind a tree with her sister.

"Please Aslan, couldn't we come with you?" Susan ask.

"I would be glad of more company for a while. Thank you," Lucy and Susan grab hold on his mane and continue walking. "It's time. From here, I must go alone."

"But Aslan..." Susan started.

"You have to trust me. For this must be done," he told them

"Thank you, Susan, thank you, Lucy, thank you Leona and farewell," then continued walking alone.