Chapter Eight

I rubbed my palms nervously together. I started to doubt whether o should be bringing Morgan here, but that means that he'll be safe. He won't have to deal with his mom.

His mom.

The woman who shot me. I keep forgetting, but it still hurts. I mean, how could it not. I tried to forget that it happened and I had pretty much so fair. Should I let Nash bring him here? I have no idea. I really want him here, more than anything.

I fell back on to the bed. I can't change it now, Nash is gone to find him. What if Nash is lying to me? No, he can't be. I could tell if he was. Ugh. Maybe I'm being too trusting in him. What if he kills us both? Is he really going to let me go back home in a little while?

Questions flew threw my head faster than I couldn't comprehend them all. Guilt was eating me alive. I shouldn't have ever agreed to let Nash go get him.

I walked out of my room to go downstairs. Luckily Nash trusted me enough to let me wonder the house. He was just like a naggy woman. I couldn't go near windows, the door has to be locked at all times, if anyone comes to the door I have to go upstairs and lock my door. The list goes on and on and on. Those are just the ones that I could remember right now.

I was confused about everything at the moment so running wasn't something I would do. Plus Nash knows my weak points if he ever wanted me back when I got away. Even though I liked Nash, kind of on a friends basis, I didn't trust him completely nor know much about him. I grabbed a water from the counter and some chips from the cabinet.

I plopped down on the couch and turned on the tv. Young and Hungry is on. Thank the lord. I loved that show more than anything. For thirty minutes it made me forget about what was going on. There were so many problems pushed into one episode.

I still wondered if I'm reacting to this situation right. Should I still hate Nash? I don't understand! I placed my head in my hands. I don't know what to do. Maybe things will make more since once Morgan is here. I laid down on the couch. Lord all I do is sleep, eat, and read. It isn't necessarily a bad thing. I laid my head down on the pillow on the couch. I suppose that a nap wouldn't be so bad. I don't know what time it is, but it's always time for nap time.
-

"Nash, you don't have to do this. Don't let him ruin your life!"

"Malia what else am I supposed to do! I'm not letting him have you ever," Nash yelled.

"How sweet. You think you're keeping her safe," a man laughed into the phone.

I sat in the house on the phone with Nash and a man I didn't know.

"Sweetheart, if you aren't at the address I text to you in the next hour, I will kill Nash."

"No, please don't."

"We wouldn't want that to happen would we," the man said again.

"If I come, you let him go and leave him alone, right?"

"Of course," the man said again.

"Don't do it Malia! I'll be just fine!"

Nash groaned in pain.

"Shut up!"

Then the line went dead. No no no no. He can't die. I can't loose someone else, ever.
-

I sat straight up. What that a dream? I don't know. I have to find Nash. I ran through the house, no Nash. Then the door opened downstairs. I ran down, not concerned about the potential danger that could be down stairs.