Chapter twenty-three-War

Hey! Just so ya know you can follow me on Instagram @ __give__it__time Thanks!

P.s. Im going to edit this book after I complete it and I'm going to probably rewrite some of it due to its......inexperience? I guess that's a good word to describe it?

ANYWAYS!
Enjoy!
++++++++++++++++++++++++
Dovelyn's pov
Ashwatthama stepped though the door with a cart. He wheeled it in and stopped in front of me, where I say in the corner staring blankly at the wall.

"Ready to give in yet darling?" Ashwatthama asked softly. He sound almost like he was putting me. Almost.

"Don't fucking call me that!" I yelled at him. I stood up shakily and raised my fists into a defensive position. I was still weak because I couldn't heal myself, but I wasn't going down without a fight.

"Very well," he sighed before grabbing a knife. He walked towards me slowly, trailing the knife along the wall. The sound was horrible. Ashwatthama stood five feet away from me and I swung out my fist, hitting him expertly in the face. I heard a happy cry from Avery and Lucas.

He barely flinched. I swung out another fist which he caught and twisted. I let out a yelp and pulled my hand back. The sound of a slap echoed through the room and I felt to the ground with a gasp.

"Just let me go, you sick monster! It will be less painful for both of us!" I hissed, narrowing my eyes into slits. He walked away and I thought he was done with me. That was until he grabbed a whip. He walked over to me menacingly.

"Give up yet darling?" He asked grinning. I spit at his feet and his face became red.

Bad move.

The whip cracked down on my back and excruciating pain shot though my body. Tears streamed down my face and I cried out in pain.

So much for not showing weakness.

Avery and Lucas were screaming for me to be spared. Ashwatthama brought the whip down again and I bit my lip so hard I drew blood. I screamed profanities and breathed heavily, hoping to just pass out. I felt someone turn me over and my back arched when my slashes hit the dirty floor.

"Give me what I want!" Ashwatthama screamed at me.

"N-never," I croaked out.

I would die for my kingdom, for my people; and that's exactly what I'm doing. I'm dying. I'm already emotionally dead. I now know nothing but tears and pain and sometimes I couldn't even feel that.

Something cool and sharp dug into my skin, but I could barely feel it. I was now a shell.

Numb.

I had been in here for four days. The torture non-stop. Avery's tears kept falling and Lucas threw up a couple times. I kept wishing for Raven to find me. I needed to get out of here. I couldn't use my powers in here. I was completely defenseless. I wouldn't break. In another sense I was already broken. I was weak.

Avery's screams echoed through my thoughts and it snapped me back to reality. The knife had left a bloody pattern across my stomach. My head felt dizzy and black dots clouded my vision.

"Finally," I whispered as blackness clouded my vision.

Raven's pov
Four days.

Four fucking days.