Chapter 4

"Do you have class tomorrow?" Jen asks as I change into my practice clothes for basketball.

"Whow," she says as I take my shirt off. "Sorry. I wasn't trying to be rude or anything. It's just that you weren't kidding when you said you have scars to prove it."

"Yeah," I smile. I don't like to think about it much, but there's no point in hiding it either. I only have scars on my back, and a faded one on my stomach.

"But no, I don't have class; though, I have practice at seven. Why?" I ask pulling on my shorts.

"Kylie and I are going to show you around Los Angeles!" she shrieks.

"Oh. Hahha," I laugh at her enthusiasm. "As long as we get back a little bit before seven. I'm in!" I grab my bag which had my water bottle, shoes, and clothes to change back into. "I'll be back by ten."

"Okay. Oh, wait! Here," she says throwing a key towards me.

"Thanks," I thank her once I catch it. I walk out the door. I safely tuck the key into the inside pocket of my bag, and make my way to the gym.

I open the double gym doors exposing a very large area. The gym was gigantic compared to the gyms back home.

The guys team is currently practising. As I walk in, all their eyes direct themselves towards me.

"Pair up and start dribbling! It's just a girl," I hear the guy's coach yell, and I shrug it off.

I walk over to the group of girls from the team who were changing their shoes. I stand there awkwardly as one of them notices me.

"Hey, you must be Riley," A brunette with red streaks in her hair said as she finishes tying her shoelace.

I smile and proudly state," That's me."

The girl walks over to me she looked about 5'8 not much taller then me. "I'm Katherine, though people call me Kat," she introduces herself with a smile.

"Hi Kat," I smile. I walk over to an empty space on the bench, and change my shoes.

"So Riley, I'll introduce you to everyone," Kat says sitting beside me. After I'm done changing my shoes, I sit up on the bench looking around.

"So that blonde girl over there with the black t-shirt is Grace. Don't let the blonde hair fool you she's really smart, and comes up with most of our plays," I nod taking in the information. Kat continues explaining everyone's positions, attitudes and looks.

"And this is-" Kat gets cut off by a mystery dark haired girl approaching us.

"I can introduce myself, thanks though," great, this must be the bitchy person that every team has. We didn't have one in my team back home. We kind of were like a family, and all of them treated me like a friend ignoring the fact that I was a couple of years older than them. "I'm Kirsten also known as the captain." She literally brags.

"You're not the captain," Kat rolls her eyes.

"Yet," Kirsten corrects Kat. The irritation was highly noticeable on Kat's face. "Excuse her. You must be Riley, heard a lot about you from coach," she says scanning me from head to toe.

"Well you won't just be hearing. Now you can actually watch me play," I state. Which made her tense up a little.

"Well then, can't wait," she says forcing a smile. When no one talks, she gets the signal and moves on after glaring at Kat.

"What's her problem?" I ask Kat.

"She's just like that, you know? She's the kind who always has to be on top compared to everyone else."