Part Five: A Plot Uncovered

Wait...was that supposed to be a right turn? Averia wasn't quite willing to admit it to herself, but she was lost. Desperately lost. In her own city. Great. Okay, make a left....here? Averia turned a corner to see a small crowd. Whispers floated from the tattered people of the group. Should I ask directions? Do people actually do that? She stepped closer. And then her heart nearly stopped. The whispering could now be heard: "...We all agree that in order for our leaders to take control, the Sultan must die."
"Yes! And the Queen!" "And the Princess!" "And that worthless groom of hers, Nasim!" No!! Well...Nasim could go...no! My family! "....And I know exactly when we shall strike...." Averia's heart was beating fast. "...at the Princess's wedding! All the tyrants will be in one place!" Averia gasped. Out loud. "Who was that?!" "Who is that girl over there?" "She's not one of ours! Get her!" Averia wasted no time. She began to run. Run like Midnight! Run, Averia, run! These rebels were fast! Averia wove between market stalls, in and out of back alleys. She realized that she was still lost. But she had to keep going! Her chest was burning, her mind was in full panic mode. And then came the wall. One back alley ended. No doors to go into, nothing to climb, no way to move but back. Averia pushed back against a wall, enveloping herself in the shadows of the houses. But it was no use. The rebels saw her anyway and advanced. Averia was fully prepared to scream her last. All of a sudden, a large bundle fell from the roof of a nearby house, and there was Gracina. Sitting on the head of the rebel she had jumped on, no less. Averia was able to breathe. There came the other Royals, leaping through the air. Sarah wasted no time drawing the dagger she always carried hidden and holding it menacingly at the shocked rebels. Myah had fallen hard, but the way she got up made it look like she had meant to do that. Both she and Charity were holding bows with arrows in them, though where they had gotten them, Averia didn't know. Lunden had a spear. No idea where that came from, either. All of this happened in a matter of seconds. And then one rebel came running forward. The Royals stepped as one to meet him, with Sarah the closest one to the attacker. Averia blinked, and the man lay dead at Sarah's feet. The glare she gave the rebels told them that the next to move towards her friends would soon find themselves in the same position. The rebels shot a few darts, crude ones, but they didn't hit anyone. Then they ran. The one Gracina had been sitting on followed. Charity pulled Averia from her position on the ground. Then they walked back to the palace- and Averia's impending marriage- together.