XIX¤ Consequences & Heartbreak

Up top is what Christopher's look will be for the next chapter and so on.

"Chris..." Dante's eyes go back to normal and he slowly gets up. I observe him, afraid of what will happen next.

He throws his hand against his mouth and runs to his bathroom. I hear him vomit so I make my way towards him.

"Dante?"

He looks up and a black liquid stains his lips and chin. It smells like his blood but why is it black?

"What did you do?" He asks. There's absolutely no sign of him being afraid in his voice or expression. He's just extremely curious.

"I marked you, making you my lover... Forever."

"Forever? So I'm immortal." I nod, "so I'm like Fredrick."

"No! Of course not! Fredrick isn't immortal. He will die if I don't give him my blood to feed on. That and he is a simple servant. You won't need to feed from me. You are an immortal that will not need to feed at all. Though you will need to keep eating human food."

"Why did you do it?"

"... Because that was what I was made to do. The reason I became a vampire was to make sure this moment happened. You will rule everything and everyone forever. No one will be able to kill you but I. You will be the only true immortal human. I just don't know if your Lycan blood will have a different affect on you than what is expected." I reply with a sudden realization.

What will I do now?

You will simply live on with no purpose. Your task is done.

Why didn't you just tell me this when I asked. If it was all for this moment...

Dont you think it was more entertaining this way?

Her laugh echoes in my head and fades along with her presence.

"Then why didn't you do it earlier?"

"I didn't know I was supposed to do that until now."

"When you appeared before me for the very first time... It wasn't a coincidence? When you said my blood was the only blood that could satisfy you, was it because it was meant to?"

"What are you getting at?" I ask.

"All the times we had sex you did it because you needed to?"

"No" I frown. "Dante, this isn't like you, to insinuate such things."

"Then why? Why did you do it? You've always had the strength to push me away and leave. Why!?" He yells and it comes out almost animalistic in a way. It scares me.

Why is it that I'm getting scared?

"I don't know." I reply not knowing what else to say.

"Was it all an act to make me fall in love with you?"

"No! Are you even listening to yourself?"

"You have always said that you hated it. You hated it yet you kept coming for more. All for this? I was right to make you my pet. You're nothing more than a puppet that is used and thrown away." I glare and slap him across his face.

This isn't like Dante at all. What's going on?

"I am not a puppet. I didn't know this was what I had to do. I didn't choose to be made into what I am. I didn't choose to be locked up in a room all my life. I didn't choose any of it. Maybe I wasn't aware but even so I'm no puppet. I've made my own choices. Even up to this point, choosing to mark you, that was my choice."