Chapter 10

Alex eyed the soldiers in exasperation, they were all doing a somewhat good job with the guns but when it came to the other weapons, they couldn't even use it to save their own lives. "Stop Eagle!!!" Alex yelled out when he noticed the man was holding the weapon wrongly and almost shot someone in the ass if he hadn't stop the soldier from moving.
"What?!" Eagle yelled out, panicking.
"You almost shot Lemur in the ass." Alex deadpanned as he moved to adjust the man into holding the weapon correctly, quite roughly if you ask me but it worked. Eagle was holding the weapon right but he still can't shoot with it to save a life. "Thanks Cub." Lemur said with a smile of gratitude, Alex nodded.

*************
To say the entire campus of soldiers was a little worried was an understatement. Their little Cub has been on the laptop since they finished their test and he hasn't shown a single emotion, not a even a twitch of facial muscle, nothing. He was ignoring his food in favour of typing quickly and swiftly on his laptop. "Uh, Cub, you should probably eat something." Wolf tried but the said boy didn't even as much as acknowledge him. He probably didn't hear me...
"Cub? Cubby? Cubbiekins?" Eagle called out, thinking of as much nickname as possible. But so far, not even a glance from the teen. "We're under attack!" One of the instructor yelled, getting as close as he dared. That got a reaction. Alex jerked and his hand was immediately occupied with a gun that was once resting in the holster on his waistband. Alex looked around cautiously only to find no threat, his eyes finally rested on the rest of the soldiers, then at the instructor that yelled at him. "Hehe, sorry, you won't respond."
"... What is it?" Alex asked after getting over how ridiculous the soldier were when they tried to get his attention. "Eat something." Snake commanded slightly, pushing the teen's plate closer to emphasis his point. Alex eyed the plate of food wearily.
"I'm not hungry." Alex said quietly before pushing the plate of food towards Eagle, who frowned. Eagle would have normally jumped at the chance when food was offered but the teen who looked somewhat malnourish wasn't really suppose to not eat. "But you haven't had anything since lunch and you barely ate anything during lunch."
"I'm fine, I'll find something to eat later if I'm hungry." Alex offered, hoping it would please everyone. The soldiers seemed slightly less worried when Alex said that. "What are you doing?"
"Classified."
"Aww, come on."
"... I'm making a fake profile for my mission later."
"Define later." the sarge asked warily as the teen looked up to meet his gaze.
"In a few hours I will have to leave, I will be back in a few days or so. A week at most." Alex said, his gaze returning to his laptop.
"But- but didn't you just return from a mission?" Riptide asked.
"Of course but for the sake of it. Welcome to the life of the one and only best agent around the world who also so happen to be a young man and is sitting in front of you, losing a few brain cell from all the stress. For all you know, I might have already lost my mind." Alex said with a nonchalant shrug. The surrounding soldiers blinked at the teen's short speech.
"You are not okay." Eagle said in mock horror. Alex looked up and to their utter horror, a small smirk graced his emotionless face.
"I already told you, I might have already lost my mind. You won't know."
"Ahhhhh!!! Cub is going to try take over the world!!!!" Eagle screamed in fake horror as he jumped up and ran around. Alex's jaw tightened slightly from the exclamation as he remembered those crazy men that he had encountered who wanted to dominate the world.

"Be safe." The sarge whispered to the teen who was retreating towards the jeep that arrived to pick him up. Alex picked it up with his sharp hearing so he stopped and turned around to salute the sergeant who was surprised by the sudden act but he quickly recovered and returned the gesture. Come back in one piece, Cub. You're not meant to be used like this, how can they do this to you? Can't they tell you're already worn out?