Chapter 39

Demi's pov

Last night Camila had set Ally and I up on this perfect date. I had picked her up after her shift at the café, and although she was reluctant to go with me on the date, she ended up agreeing. It was a really cool date idea Camila called it a, "serial-date, where one card leads to the next." The first card was for me to actually convince Ally to go with me. The second card we had to go to an address, 1432 River Street to find the third card. On the way to the third card we had to tell three things we like about each other.

The third card was at lingerie store, and we had to pick out an item for the other. Ally bought me socks to "play it safe" while I bought her a gorgeous dress. The next place we had to go was a somewhat fancy restaurant on the river front where we had to order our favorite dish for the other person. That's where I fucked up.

We were having a great time getting to know each other, but some of the team had walked by. I was stupid and pretended that Ally and I weren't on a date. She left and that leaves me where I was now, throwing little rocks at her window like in the movies, which I have been doing for like 10 minutes.

"Trying to wake my parents up?" I heard the familiar voice from behind me. Ally stood there on the sidewalk with her hands on her hips. "That's their room." She walked away, but I ran to catch up with her.

"Wait, Ally. Look, I need to apologize, okay?"

"You should buy them in bulk if you're gonna hand apologies out that often."

"Look, will you just-- I don't know how to do this, all right? I'm not like you."

"What does that mean?" She questioned.

"I screw up a lot, okay? And being around you, I don't want to be that person anymore."

"Then who do you want to be, Demi?"

"I want to be somebody good enough to be seen with you. I want to somebody good enough to be with you." I admitted.

"Well, you should have thought of that last night." Ally said after a pause. "I keep putting myself out there, and you keep blowing it. Which is probably a good thing because there is nothing you can do that's gonna surprise me-"

I cut her off by placing my lips on hers. When I didn't feel her kiss back, I pulled back slowly.

"Except that." Ally touched her lips with her fingers. "You shouldn't have done that, Demi." Although she said that, her eyes didn't leave my face, mainly my eyes and lips.

"But I wanted to." I said while looking at her lips.

"Yeah." She whispered as she stared at my lips. Neither of us dared to move for a few moments, until Ally threw her arms around my neck, her hands clasping together as she crashed her lips onto mine. I wrapped my arms around her waist.

---------------------------

(Y/n)'s pov

Ruby and I were playing as a team on the courts, but it wasn't really working. Ruby constantly kept getting beat by the girl she was guarding and I was missing some shots. Ruby's girl just scored another easy lay up.

"C'mon, Ruby. Are you going to play some defense, or what?" I asked her. She looked over to respond, but rolled her eyes as she looked passed me.

"What?" I questioned, confused.

"She isn't coming to watch me play, dude." Ruby nodded her head behind me. I turned around and noticed Camila stepping out of her convertible. She gave me a shy smile and a small wave, causing me to smile because of her cuteness. She strutted over to the wooden picnic table and sat next to our 'commentator'.

"Hey." I heard her greet.

"Hey." He nervously greeted back.

"What's your name again?" Camila asked.

"People call me mouth." He answered.

"Really?" She giggled as he nodded.

"That's what my nickname was at summer camp." His eyes widened, but then she continued. "I slept with my mouth open."

"Right, right. Of course." He laughed.

"You know, you're kind of cute. Do you have a girlfriend?" She asked, but he shook his head. "I've got a real gift for hooking people up."

He just awkwardly nodded, like the awkward boy he was, as she smiled and looked towards me to see me doing the same. She was just so cute.

----------------

Today was the day Karen, my mom, was leaving. Keith lugged my mom's luggage out the door, complaining the whole time.

"I thought you were going for six weeks, not for life." He grumbled as he struggled with the heavy luggage.

"Are you sure you're okay with Deb taking over?" My mom asked as she stopped at the front door to turn around and talk to me. Deb, Demi's mom, offered to run the café while she was gone to "make up for Dan," apparently. Deb was really nice and I had no idea why she would be married to that asshole.

"Mom, it's fine. As long as you get to go." I responded and pulled her into a tight hug.

"I love you." She smiled.

"Love you, mom." I said. Keith walked back after putting the luggage in the trunk of the car.

"You ready to go?" He asked.

"Yeah." She let out a nervous breath.

"I got a present for you." Keith grinned as he pulled out a form of money. My mom laughed at his gift. "This is all that's left of my backpacking trip in Europe."

"10,000 Lira." She smiled.

"Yep. It's only worth about six bucks, but you can get yourself a gelato." He laughed as she pulled him in for a hug. When she pulled away, she stared at the house, taking it all in.

"Don't worry. It'll all be waiting for you when you get back. Come on." He smiled, took her purse, and set it in the car.

A/N I'm sorry this is so late. So much stuff is going on right now. Not even bad stuff, just a lot of stuff. I'll be updating when I'm available to.