45 | diffindo

A/N

How're you guys doing? I feel the need to ask because a lot of countries have been affected by covid-19. My country, Singapore, was one of the first few countries to have the virus, so we've had more time to deal with it. But what about you guys, are you doing okay?

I hope you're all safe and healthy wherever you are. You're more than my readers to me, you're my friends, my support system, and I would not be here without you. So let's have a great March together. (And hopefully finish Draconian. Because Astoria.)

x Noelle

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

4 5

d i f f i n d o 

Rip to shreds.

THE FOUR SLYTHERINS were down in Knockturn Alley at seven on the dot the next morning. The streets were deserted, but Draco was keeping his eyes and ears alert for any activity nearby while the other three cast numbing and anti-disarming spells on themselves. They were donned in Death-Eater robes and masks, two things they hadn't worn in a long time. It provided an excellent cover, because only Death-Eaters could walk around at this time of day without anyone asking questions.

Theo looked pleased as he fiddled with his Death-Eater mask, a satisfied grin on his face. "You know," he mused, "we should really parade round in these masks sometime."

Pansy's eyes were gleaming as she thought about it. "We should definitely do that. We'll probably get a scream out of Longbottom and even Potter."

"If we're lucky – even the Weasel too."

Blaise hastily hushed them as Draco turned to leave first. There wasn't much time to lose, and Draco expecting his Mark to start bleeding any moment now. He had to get to the Peverells before the rest of the Death-Eaters showed up. Keeping his head down, he strode quickly past the closed shops and soon arrived at the White Wyvern.

The doors were locked with basic magical charms, as he'd expected, but he simply undid them and left the door open. He paused, waiting for the other three to step in before shutting the door behind them. Ignoring the rooms on the first floor, Draco climbed the stairs and walked straight to the last room down the corridor. It was the only room that was lit, a faint glow of light streaking through from beneath the ratty door.

This time, the door was locked from the inside. Behind him, Blaise, Theo and Pansy were completely silent, and he waved them back behind a pillar so that they were out of sight. He aimed his wand at the door and took a deep breath.

"Reducto."

The door splintered to a million fragmented pieces, and the people inside immediately scrambled to their feet. Draco stepped in calmly, his eyes roving quickly across the group, finally putting names to the ever-elusive Peverells that had held Hermione Granger captive for three whole years.

He'd already known that Alecto and Amycus Carrow were a part of the Peverells, and so were Yaxley and Walden MacNair. But he felt a sudden shiver race down his spine when he saw Antonin Dolohov – who was, in his own way, equally as ruthless as Bellatrix. And, last but not least – Rabastan Lestrange; and, by extension, a distant relative of Draco's.