New Knowledge

The picture is the sky from... you'll know when soon

Storm's POV

Recap:

Tom watched Thea for a few minutes before he walked off. Thea sighed sadly. Will he ever forgive me? Thea asked herself silently.

One day, yes. However, for now let him rest, he too has gone through emotional trauma. I said as I nudged her towards her friends. Now go have some fun and forget this for now. I will be here whenever you need, and come when you call.

I walked off towards another dragon.

End Recap

I opened my eyes. Although the moon had risen a few hours ago, I was yet to fall asleep. Something new was creeping closer. I lifted my head and looked around. I could see a few dragons huddling with their riders and using their wings to cover their riders and keep them warm.

My eyes spotted a dark figure moving through the dragons with careful steps. I lowered my head and watched the figure without looking like I was. The figure came to a stop nearby, I watched with narrow eyes, sure that the figure was watching me.

The figure slowly approached and my eyes saw that it was Tom. I snarled softly, not wanting to wake anyone else up. Tom glared at me and I pushed myself up. Tom seemed unsure as I stood up. I motioned with my head for him to walk off. Tom seemed confused and I sighed inaudibly. I suspect we have things to discuss, but let us not wake other dragons and riders. I'd rather not deal with that. Do you know a quiet place, at all?

Tom nodded and strode off. I followed quietly, doing my best to avoid stepping on tails and wings. Eventually, Tom stopped in an area that was away from the glows of fires and tents. I could see the glimmer of light in the distance but nothing else.

I looked at Tom with wary eyes, what he had said to Thea was unacceptable and he should apologise for it. I laid down and looked at Tom. Do you know what did wrong? I asked Tom who seemed to think – for once – before shaking his head. Thea, for all her strength, is still prone to listening to her emotions. She has been through a lot, especially back when she was home at the hands of her Father. You should know this well. Think about what you said, your actions, and think on Thea. She has learnt to show bravery and stay strong in the face of danger. Could you tell how scared she was? Could you feel her nervousness? Could you feel her sadness?

Tom opened his mouth to speak but I snarled over the top of him. No, you did not! I roared angrily in his head. Tom fell to his knees and grabbed his head. I knew that as he was unused to anyone talking in his head I was probably hurting him, but I didn't care. I let Tom regain his bearings and he slowly stood up. Your hatred of dragons and what has happened in the past clouds your vision. Do you not see? The hatred that clouds your vision cannot be removed by other forces. Only you can do that. For all I can do, I cannot heal wounds of the past. You can heal this. Show her love. Destroy what is grabbing hold of her heart as I speak, and you will destroy the darkness in your heart. You do not need to fret over what I say. All you must do is apologise, and be part of her family.

Tom sighed, "I see Thea's wisdom has rubbed off on you."

Not so much as you think. Thea has rubbed off me just as I have rubbed off on her. She has always been a part of me just as I have always been a part of her. Perhaps we have always held a bit of each other and in doing so, shown aspects of such. I told Tom.

"It's interesting, that you should speak of family." Tom said, "Do you know of such?"

I shook my head, I do not have nestmates nor do I know parents of any kind. However, family is not what runs in blood and connects you with someone who has the same blood or similar blood. In one sense, I suppose, it can be. Thea, and by extension myself, focus on another type of family. I believe family is whomever you wish to join in it. Thea is my family, she has no blood relation to me, but our bonds make us family.