Duties

The headmaster asked me to breakfast, so of course I went. It was only polite.

I knocked on the front door to his house, and he flung it open.

"Mara-chan!!!" He squealed, catching me off guard and hugging me in a death grip.

I stood there awkwardly as he squeezed me even tighter, if that was possible.

"Headmaster, put her down," Zero said grumpily, appearing behind the headmaster.

"Aww, but I loooooove Mara-chan!" He pouted.

"You do know it's impolite to address a Pureblood in that way, don't you?" I asked, pretending to be angry.

He slid behind Zero, cowering, "Ah, I'm very sorry if I offended you," He said in fake fear, though I was probably the only one who could tell.

I couldn't keep a poker face any longer and burst out laughing. I was clutching my stomach, and my face was turning red.

"Haha... Headmaster, I don't mind if you call me Mara-chan," I said, still chuckling.

He smiled at me and laughed as well and I went into the house, the smell of delicious food drawing me in. I surprised Yuki, who was putting out four plates of food.

(A/N: I literally have no idea what just happened... It was really weird. Now, back to the story...)

"Mara-chan!" She exclaimed.

"Hi, Yuki. How's it going?" I asked casually, hugging her.

"You look lovely, Mara-chan," Yuki said, blushing.

I laughed at her and patted her head. She always seemed to be blushing about one thing or another.

"You look nice too, Yuki," I said politely.

Zero and Kaien entered the room, and when they saw Yuki and I in a hug, Kaien got all emotional again.

"Aww, my daughters are so nice to each other!!!" Headmaster Cross exclaimed, jumping at me again.

"She's not your daughter. Get off," Zero smacked the back of Kaien's head.

I smiled at him, and he blushed before turning away sharply. He started to argue with the Headmaster about how Kaien was too "touchy-feely" and how that made him seem like a pedophile.

Yuki and I just ignored them and sat down. The food smelled really appealing, and when I tasted it, it was like heaven exploded on my tongue.

"Who made this?" I asked Yuki.

"Headmaster Cross. Do you like it?"

I nodded, and she smiled and continued eating.

Zero went at Kaien for about ten more minutes before they both realized that Yuki and I were already eating.

Zero sat down to my right, and Kaien stood in front of us, creepily staring at us.

"Time for a commemorative photo!" He exclaimed, whipping out a camera and quickly taking a picture of us. Zero immediately held out his onigiri in front of his face, and I tried my best to smile in time.

"What is this whole thing for?" Zero asked grumpily.

"Why for your first official duty as the disciplinary committee!" Kaien shouted gleefully.

"Huh?" Zero, Yuki, and I chorused, completely and utterly confused.

*****
"Confiscated."

"Not allowed."

"Contraband."

I sighed as Zero and I went along in the boys' dorms, collecting things that were against the rules.