Chapter 4: Ria It Is.

*INTERNALLY FREAKS OUT*

Calm down for God's sake. He probably isn't even coming to me. Please let him walk passed me and go to the toilet, oh please. That makes so much more sense; him getting up to go to the toilet, instead of walking all the way over to a dumb waitress, not even half as pretty as Bethany. I don't even think I brushed my hair this morning..

"I know you're not texting anyone." Said the deep voice hovering above me.

I looked up from my phone and there he was, in all his might and glory, showing off those pearly whites of his.

He raised an eyebrow, nudging his head to the phone in my hands. I looked back at it to see the note I had typed in: 'llsgiclpebd dkldochgwhkwl jdklspsojc skkdp dklspdjbdkjfhsopwmbd'.

Nice.

I looked back up and he was still there. This wasn't a daydream. He was right there, taking a seat on a high stool behind the bar, opposite of me.

"Erm yeah. Well you see. About that. I. Erm. I didn't. You know." I muttered, pointing to where he was previously sitting. "I wasn't drooling over you or anything. I mean. Not that you're not good looking enough. No. You're good looking. Like really, really good looking. I just. Erm."

GET A GRIP!!

He smiled as he listened to my babbling, resting his head on one hand. I sighed.

"I zoned out okay? And you just happened to be there."

His smile only widened after that, causing a few wrinkles to appear near the outer angles of his eyes. I looked down at my phone and deleted the note I had written. If I got a dollar for every note I made in an attempt to avoid an awkward situation, I'd probably be a billionaire right now.

After checking out my Instagram and Tumblr notifications, my eyes found their way upwards and were met with those of.... I don't even know his name! I gave him a lopsided smile and looked back down at my phone.

Awks.

"What's your name?"

I was taken by surprise by the simple question. "Huh?"

His smile stretched until it almost reached both sides of his face. "Interesting name. Never met a 'huh' before."

I tried so hard not to roll my eyes.

"I'm Tom." He introduced himself, extending his arm out for me to shake.

"Marianne." I bluntly replied, placing my hand in his.

"Marianne." He repeated, with a nod. "No nickname?"

"No." I took my phone out again to avoid having to converse with the guy, he was starting to bug me.

"What do you mean 'no'? Tom is short for Thomas. Everyone has a nickname, Marianne. The options with your name are limitless. Mar. Marie. Anne. Annie. Ria..."

"No."

He stood up and I was once again shadowed by his intimidating build. "Ria it is."

He grabbed his coat from the back of his stool and pulled out a wallet. He then took out a couple of bills and put them in the mason jar with the word 'Tips' on it.

"We should do this again some time." He said with a grin.

"Yeah, sure." I replied, trying my best not to sound sarcastic. And with that, he was gone.

"Do what?"

I sighed and looked back at my phone.

"DO WHAT?" Bethany practically screeched as she sat down beside me, yanking on my sleeve.

"Nothing, geez. Can you let go of me? You're creasing my shirt."

She glared at me, her eyes sending daggers into my soul as she slowly loosened the grip on my arm. I pulled the sleeve back into place, smoothing any dents her perfectly manicured nails left in it.

"Well don't think of doing anything funny. I called dibs." She scoffed, before charging past a googly-eyed Claire.

Dibs. Such a weird word. The right to have or choose something. How can a simple, four lettered word that sounds like nothing more than a form of gibberish hold an actual meaning? I do use it, I'd be lying if I said I didn't. But 'calling dibs' on a person? A living, human soul? How is that even possible? And why on earth would she think I'd 'do anything funny'? What on earth was that supposed to mean?

I brought myself back down to earth (which was a first) and focused my vision on the blurry image in front of me; Claire's face.

She was literally five centimeters away from me, her eyes at the same level of my own. When my brain finally realised what was happening, I quickly shuffled backwards, startled by her proximity.

"What the hell Claire!" I exclaimed. My heart was thumping violently against my chest.

She didn't even flinch. She just stood there, eyes wide, staring at me. After a while, she just shrugged and walked away, leaving me in a state of confusion and shock.

She's a weird one.

----------

A/N:

Okay, so I'm very content with how this chapter came out. You got to meet the one and only Thomas _ << (That's supposed to represent a heart eyed emoji *sighs*).

And I guess I should just tell you guys this because why not? The actual whole 'zoning out and getting snapped out of it by some hot dude you were apparently staring at' actually happened to me.. So yeah, that was cool ;-;

My practical exam was pretty aight, not that any of you care. My midyears start in exactly 3 days so I won't be on this as much. Not like anyone waits on my updates ;)

Dedicated to outbvrsting

Feel free to comment, vote, follow, whatever :')

----------