F O U R T E E N | Will You Let Me In?

{Gif of Tori. Not Edited}

Song: Battle Scars

Artist (s): Lupe Fiasco & Guy Sebastian

"I'm Okay"

___________♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋__________   

On a Saturday night most teenagers would be out partying with their friends but then there's me.  A girl doing her final workout before fighting a guy twice her size and age. Stretching one last time I tied my hair up into a pony and made my way to the centre ring, stepping in. As I entered the ring, the crowd began to cheer as I waited for the opponent to turn up. I didn't know who I was fighting, I didn't have to to check because I was running late. 

I decided to stretch again while waiting for the opponent, it's better then just standing around. Scanning the crowd I spotted something which literally made me run. I ran back to my bag and quickly grabbed my hoodie and wearing it using the hood to cover my face.

What the hell were they doing here?

Walking back to the ring - more cautiously this time - I walked in and I could feel their stares. Dylan was dressed in his fighting gear while Zac, Blake, Chase, Tori and Beth were dressed casually. Is this what they meant by 'hanging out'? Tori had called me earlier today inviting me to hang with the gang but I declined saying I'm busy. Walking closer to the border of the ring I leant on it casually but was actually listening to their conversation. I knew it was wrong but I needed to know what they were on about.

"Are you sure Dylan?" Chase asked looking concerned.

"Yeah Bro. I'll be fine" Dylan replied doing some stretches.

"You do know your fighting UD?" Tori asked an 'Are you stupid?' look on her face.

Okay freeze. Rewind. Play.

He's fighting me? As in me Skylar Reed. As in UD. Muttering a few colourful words under my breath I made my way back to my side pulling my hood adjusting my hood to make sure it's covering my face as Dylan made his way to the ring. When we were both in position we made our way to the centre fist bumping before waiting for the announcer to start the countdown.

3...

2...

1...

Dimly aware of the hush that befell the crowd, I faced Dylan and waited. I was going to let him make the first move. The announcer retreated with an appreciative wink and the buzzer was sounded. 

Don't pity, don't pity, don't pity.

Dylan moved forward making the first move just like I wanted him too. I jerked back, aside. The blow was meant for my jaw whizzed by in a blur of knuckles. From the corner of my eye, I saw Dylan's other arm begin an upward trajectory. I ducked this time, and felt my hair ruffle with the force of it.

Drop to the floor. Roll clear, stand. Don't let him connect. Draw it out.

He let out a frustrated groan before charging at me again. I sidestepped and whirled to face him. Dylan lunged at me but this time I was replying. He avoided one flying fist, only to collide with another.