THIRTEEN | 7/30/15

THIRTEEN | 7/30/15

IT'S BEEN A week since I've last seen Harrison. It's been absolutely torturous, not knowing about his condition. After he was loaded into the ambulance, I begged for my dad to take me to the hospital, but he refused every single time. My dad is certain that Harrison's a bad influence, and nothing can convince him otherwise.

The next day, I tried going to see him myself -- without my dad knowing. However, Harrison's parents denied any visitor access, which drove me crazy. All I want to do is just see the damn boy.

Right now, however, I'm going to stomp into the fucking hospital and demand to see Harrison because I'm literally going in circles, wondering how the hell he's doing. They can't deny me the right. I saw him get beat up by those guys, and yet, I can't get any reassurance. It's so angering.

The automatic doors of the hospital open, and I walk to the front desk, letting a forced smile slip on my face. The woman, Fran, returns my smile, but it's more genuine.

"Hi," I greet, "I'm here to see Harrison Gage."

Fran searches up his name, and then she shakes her head, "Mr. Gage isn't allowed any visitors, ma'am."

"Please," I stress, gripping onto the edge of the front desk, "I really need to see him."

"Ma'am--"

"I'm his girlfriend," I blurt out, pulling at the strands of my hair in a nervous fashion, "I haven't seen Harrison in a week, and I'm worried, and oh my god, please let me see him."

Her facial expression twists into one of pity, and she bites her lip, "You're his girlfriend?"

I don't hesitate when I answer, "Yes."

Fran types something else on her computer before saying, "He's in the Recovery Ward, in room 482."

I thank her a billion times before peeling away from the front desk. Impatiently, I tap on the elevator button several times, unable to wait any longer. Once I finally get to his floor, I rush to his door before stopping in my tracks, hesitant.

What if he doesn't want to see me?

I mean, if Harrison really wanted to, he would've gone against his parents' wishes. With this in mind, I start pacing back and forth, hoping nobody will catch my state of distress. I stop in front of the door again, my hand reaching for the knob, but I pull again.

What the fuck, man?

Harrison was and still is injured. He probably had too much on his mind to think about some girl he's been hanging out with. I shouldn't be his top priority, instead, it should be working to heal himself. Why am I stupid enough to think that?

I stop at his door again and force myself to open it.

There he is, lying on the bed, peacefully. I almost stop myself again, afraid to disturb his sleeping, but I step forward. Cautiously, without removing my eyes from Harrison, I move the chair closer to him and sit on it. My knees brush against the frame of the bed, and for some reason, it sends a shiver down my back.

Not knowing what to do with myself, I just sit there. It admittedly takes a while before I do something, and that something is holding his hand. It feels rough against mine, but it's a nice feeling, something I can find myself getting use to.

"Harrison," I start, noticing the deep cut on his lip, and the black eye that is slowly starting to fade away, "I'm so sorry. I'm sorry that I couldn't talk you out of going. I'm sorry that I couldn't help you when they started to--"

I cut myself off before starting again, "I never felt that scared in my life, but I'm glad you're okay and just sleeping and not in a coma, or y'know, dead. It was noble of you to go with the intention of fixing your past, which you still need to tell me about. If you're willing to do that."

I squeeze his hand, and I feel him subconsciously squeeze back, realizing something, "My dad called you a bad influence, which I completely disagree with. I mean, sure, the things we did are illegal in some cases, but that doesn't matter at all to me. You're helping me come out of this shell that I created around myself, and I'm eternally grateful for that. Do you wanna know why I'm so... secluded from a lot of people?"

Harrison stirs, and I pause, waiting for him to settle down, "Three years ago, my mom just upped and left my dad and me. I don't know why, but I feel like it's my fault -- I have a bad habit of putting the blame on myself, Harrison. I just-- something must've pushed her out. Ever since then, I've always found it hard to love myself as a person. And oh my god, I haven't had so much fun until you came alone."

My voice quiets down, a little smile on my face, "I know you're awake."

Harrison completely stills for a few seconds before opening his wonderful blue eyes, "Uh, hey, Arden."

I roll my eyes in response.

"How'd you know I was awake?"

"Intiuition," I say with a wink, "Anyway, would you like to tell me what happened last week with this Mo?"

He bites his lips and then winces when he grazes the cut, "Uh, you're very straight forward today."

I sigh, "Stop stalling."

"Well, I--"

The door to his room swings open, and I flinch away in surprise. I hold my breath before turning around and facing Lucas. Releasing my breath in relief, I stand up and glance at Harrison.

"Arden," Lucas says in shock, "How the hell are you in here?"

"I-I told the front d-desk that I'm Harrison's girlfriend."

I hear Harrison coughing behind me, and Lucas lets out a short laugh before sobering up, "It's great seeing you and all that, but you really need to go. Like right now."

"Is it Nate?" I ask, "He's here, isn't he?"

"Yeah, he's coming back up," the younger boy says grimly, "and he knows you were with Harrison."

"Shit," I mutter, looking at the bed-ridden one behind me, "Harrison, why didn't you tell me they were here?"

"There's not enough time for that," Lucas hurriedly says, "You gotta go, man."

I turn to Harrison once again and place a quick kiss on his forehead, wishing him to get better and making sure he texts me as soon as possible. I wave at the two Gage brothers before practically sprinting out of the room. At least I got the chance to see Harrison, which brightened my mood and calmed my anxiety down.

___________________________

DAMN, STILL NO REASON AS TO WHY HARRISON GOT BEAT UP. BUT YAY, HE'S OKAY AND NOT DEAD. AND LOOK, I ADDED IN SOME LUCAS BECAUSE THE POOR BOY WAS BEING DEPRIVED.

AND ARDEN BEING LIKE, "I'M HIS GIRLFRIEND."

LIKE PLEASE BE ACTUAL BOYFRIEND AND GIRLFRIEND NOW.

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER A LOT. I SURE DID. SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS!

B e S u r e T o:

vote•comment•follow

---islandarc