Chapter Seventeen

Daniel and I were hanging out  with my sisters and Maria at  the mall just outside of town. Not that I was shopping or anything, Baheera and Maria were doing most of the shopping, Baheeja was applying for a job at a few clothing store.

"Daniel before we meet your parents your parents tonight I want you to meet my dad even though he's in a coma I want you to meet him. can you meet him with me today." I asked nervously once we were left alone in a booth by the food court as the others got food.

"Sure I'd be very honored to meet him." he smiled with a genuinely sincere smile.

"Thank you Daniel your the best." I smiled brightly back at his reply

After we all ate Maria dropped my sisters back home and dropped me and Daniel at the hospital.  Maria loves driving her car a lot thats why we always carpool with her. Her car used to be Zubairs but he gave it to her as a gift on her seventieth birthday. she severely attached to her car as she's attached with her heels.

when we got to baba's room Daadii was there she was

"Salaam Daadi Kya heal hey?"

"Wa'alaikum Salaam Poti I am fine Alhamdullilah. Salam to you Daniel"

"Wa'Alykum Salam Daadii. I came to meet my future Father-in-law." Daniel sat down on the chair on the other side of my da's bed "Hello Mr. Balasubramanian My name is Daniel Morton and In  Sha Allah I will soon marry Your daughter Aziza thank you for raising her to become an amazing woman she is today." he introduced himself and after that Daniel started to talk about himself as though Baba was listening to him. Daniel talked about revert, his blindness his family not in a boasting manner but in a manner to address concerns any father would hover their future son-in-law. seeing Daniel talk to Baba like that really touched something beautiful deep within my heart and I knew I made the right choice saying yes to Daniel. "Kareem would have loved to be at your wedding poti." Daadii said wiping tears that escaped from her eyes as she watched Daniel talk to Baba.

"Daadi I know." I responded trying my best not to cry. Baba I miss you. Only God knows how I would deal with life now without him by my side. he was always there for me and I pray he gets better soon. 

We stayed at the hospital until an hour before magrib. Time passed as Daadii told us story of Baba growing up. Who would have thought baba was such a sneaky troublemaker as  a teenager. Chacha picked me and Daadi up. Daniel's driver was already waiting infant of the hospital when we got outside

"See you later tonight." he called out as he got in the  backseat of the car.

"You too." I waved forgetting he couldn't see me wave.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Both Baheeja and Baheera were dressed similar; Baheeja wore a pink pastel tie bow blouse with a waisted grey trouser while Baheerah wore the same the only difference was Baheerah blouse was baby blue. Ami Daadi wore a anarkali, Daada was a kameez chacha wore a white dress shirt and blue jeans. While I wore a flared red maxi skirt a white t-shirt grey cardigan, red hijab and grey flats to match all put together by Maria.

I was anxiously nervous Officially meeting Daniel's family. The last time I met Daniel's mother it didn't go well. I hope that this encounter wasn't as disastrous as the last one. the door was opened by what I think was the family Butler. He lead us to the sitting room were Daniel's Family was.