21 - Historically, Better.

Hey bitches it's me. I finally got my account recovered after losing my email and stuff. Long story........(lost email account bc it was through school and no longer student... forgot password to wattpad account... found password written in my cell phone notes..... it has been changed since... but it use to be baked potato with a string of random numbers after it wow)

Thank you guys for all of your support... AND IM SO SORRY IF YOU FOLLOW ME ON SNAPCHAT. So many of you started following me and all i post are pictures of my cat and my dog haha.

Also you will notice a bit of a personality change in Haven... She's over it.

❁ ❁ ❁ ❁

As much as i wanted life to go back to how it had been before, that obviously wasn't happening. My mind fought against my heart, but that didn't matter. Long gone was my simple mundane life that was now replaced with my eternity in hell. It was ironic really, that someone who wanted such a simple life - one where I would get married, and have children with my human husband who would grow up in our house. i could already imagine it - blue with a white picket fence and shutters around the windows to match. There would be a beautiful garden that i would put my heart and soul into. It was all i had wanted and I had always assumed that I would  spend the rest of my short life in my garden.

And then the God of the Underworld came along and decided that he wanted me. Not having control over your own life wasn't something I wanted. So here I was wasting away in the underworld while my lover disappeared for hours to do whatever it was that he did, before returning to, as he put it, make love to me.

It was exhausting, and I was more angry at myself than I was at him. I accepted the behavior - it seemed whenever Hades was around me I couldn't seem to say no to him. I became so wrapped up in my attraction to him, nothing else mattered. He would say such sweet things and make me feel a way that no one had ever made me feel and It was only when he was gone when I felt empty. 

And he had changed me. I was confused with who I was now, I wasn't sure if I was a god or if I was a human.

I also wasn't sure if Gods got their periods or not because it seemed that I was late. But so what? What if I was pregnant? At least then I wouldn't be alone. It was a twisted thought. Who in their right mind would want to raise a child in hell? I guess i would qualify since I wasnt in my right mind. I needed to be strong and I needed to take control over my life. I was suppose to be the queen of the underworld, but I felt like a captive. Maybe it was time that I lived up to who I was suppose to be? My eyes wandered the room until they landed on the jewelry chest that sat on top of the vanity. I made my way towards it, lifting the velvet top, to reveal a crown.

I had never thought much about the crown - Hades had given it to me and told me Queens needed crowns. It was beautiful, of course it was. Everything Hades did was extravagant, and he only wanted the best obviously since he had decided to take the palace on Olympus. The crown was made of bone, a fact that made my skin crawl at the thought of it. Black diamonds crested the beautiful piece, each of which contained the souls of dead queens. Cleopatra, Elizabeth the first, Nefertiti and so on... It was fitting for a queen as he put it. I stared at myself in the mirror, something I had avoided doing for a long time. I knew I had changed, I had just been scared of finding someone I didn't recognize.

I recognized her. She still had hopeful eyes, and long dark hair. Even though she had a glow, the woman who stared back at me was still pale. I raised my hand, pulling my hair from the braid I had trapped it in, and allowing it to run free in the waves the braid had created. I slowly lifted the crown, placing it on top of my head.

Nothing changed. She was still the same woman she had been before the crown was placed. She smiled. It took a moment before I realized that it was I who was smiling at myself, and I soon found myself beaming in the mirror. I was a queen.

but what was a queen without her king? Historically, better. I laughed at the though to myself... a quote I had seen on the internet from time to time. I didn't need Hades. I spun around, jumping onto the bed in such a childish way that it surprised me. I giggled once I realized how my mood had suddenly changed for the better.

I twisted around on the huge bed, laying on my stomach as I closed my eyes and drifted off.

When I woke up, something wasnt right. I wasnt in Hades' palace anymore. I actually was not familiar at all with where I was. I looked around the room, blinking as my eyes adjusted quickly to the dark. Thank God for being a God? It seemed to be a small shack and I seemed to be tied down to a chair. I pulled at the ropes, becoming frustrated when I realized that they were not ripping easily as they should have. I had become use to the changes my body had gone through ever since Hades infected me with immortality. I had more color to my skin, the natural glow Gods and Goddesses gave off. My hair had grown longer than it had been before, at a strange and unnatural speed that resulted in constant hair cuts. I have super strength, which i discovered when I had dropped something under the dresser and lifted it up with one hand.

I pulled at the restraints more, frustration growing as the minutes ticked on. Where in the world was I? My ears perked at the sound of someone approaching the door to what must have been a tiny little shack. When the door opened I narrowed my eyes at my kidnapper...

"Hermes?"

Cliff hanger. BYE.