27: daryl is basically a drug dealer now

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret." - Ambrose Bierce

" - Ambrose Bierce

--)->

Daryl cut the engine on the motorcycle as Merle pulled up beside him in Erin's truck, the rest of the group looking over as he climbed off and threw the drug bag over his shoulder with his bow. Merle had reluctantly agreed to let them use the painkillers he had but had insisted he kept the crystal, though Daryl had no idea what use there was for it nowadays.

He heard the door of the truck slam shut behind him and glanced nonchalantly in that direction, seeing Shane storm towards the house, evidently inviting himself inside as horse girl decided it was best not to stand in his way. Merle soon ambled up beside him, followed by Carol who had been a nightmare to convince to come - he could understand why she wanted to continue looking for Sophia, but there was only so many times he could repeat the same line. By that point, Daryl was so sick of talking to people he just let his brother handle it...

Of course, Merle's method of simply yelling at people might not have helped matters...

"Promise me we'll find her soon..." she sniffed, looking up at him with doe-like eyes filled with fresh tears, "Daryl?"

"Yeah..." he muttered in reply, not really paying attention to her as his attention was pulled to different people all at once as they began talking at him. He started to wish everyone would shut up for a moment or two. Let him process things before deciding what to do next. Give him some peace, for once...

He stepped away from the almost hysterical woman, avoiding his brother's gaze as he made a bee-line for the house. Hopefully, little Carl was in better shape now, no longer crying... He didn't think he could deal with any more crying today...

"Daryl!" His head whipped up at the sound of his name, seeing Glenn jogging towards him down the porch steps, his forehead dripping with sweat, "Rick said you were bringing medicine? T-Dog needs painkillers-"

"Have 'em," he snapped, digging his hand in the bag and tossing a small tub of pills at the kid, ignoring his thanks. He knew the guy was only trying to help the group and whatever else, but all Daryl wanted to do was get inside, away from the countless questions everyone undoubtedly had for him. As he was walking, he realised a small crowd had started to form behind him, following him to the house.

"Daryl! Where's Sophia?"

Not here, obviously...

"Did ya find her, Daryl?"

Did ya not hear what I just thought? No.