chapter 5

"Holy shit is correct," Camila muttered breathily staring at dark eyed Lauren. She brought her arm up and touched her lips with her fingertips. She could still feel them tingling from the kiss.

"Why are we stopping though?" Camila found herself asking out loud. She looked up and realized while looking into Lauren's eyes, that the other girl didn't want to stop either.

She rose her head up from the pillow to meet Lauren's lips again, but Lauren backed up before she could come in contact with anything.

"No..." Lauren said hesitantly. "We need to figure out what this is. This isn't supposed to happen."

Camila groaned and dropped her head back into the pillow.

"You want to know what this is?" She said sarcastically. "We were just making out. You were there, remember? If I recall, you grabbed my-"

"Camila!" Lauren's eyes bulged out. She couldn't believe what she was hearing, it was as if she had no self control when they had kissed. "Look it happened in the heat of the moment. Sorry."

"Don't say sorry." Camila said softly. "Just... Do it again."

"What-" Lauren said looking at Camila. The smaller girl had that mischievous glint in her eye and was staring at her lips again. Oh no. "Stop that!" She called out, trying not to cave into the moment. "I'm serious, we need to figure this out."

"What is there to figure out?" Camila said slumping her shoulders feeling beat. "That we have great chemistry and that the kiss was incredible?"

Lauren found herself grinning at what she said. "Does that mean you think I'm a good kisser?"

Camila bit her lip thoughtfully.

"I think I need another kiss for a final grade."

Lauren almost felt hypnotized by the full lips in front of her again, but caught herself before they did any more.

"Sneaky." She giggled softly. Camila smiled at the sound, it was rare that she was the one who caused the green eyed girl to laugh.

"But really," Camila added once the giggling stopped, "what is there to figure out?"

"Well we kissed for a reason. Does it mean anything?" Lauren suddenly realized something. "Wait did you feel something?"

"Did you?" Camila urged.

Lauren was hesitant. She stared at the ceiling of her bunk and then shook her head. "You first. Then I'll tell you if I did."

"That's not fair!"

"It's fair in my book." Lauren claimed. Camila shook her head with slight annoyance. "So did you?"

"Well I'm not going to tell you unless you tell me first."

Lauren rolled her eyes in frustration. "What if on the count of three, we both say it?" She suggested. "Then we'll both go first."

"Fine." Camila exhaled after not much thought. They both counted together, such as the way they did in the shower a few days ago.

"One, two, three!"

"Yes!" Camila confessed.

"No!" Lauren lied.

They both stared at each other with wide eyes at each other's response. They didn't know what results they had expected, but it certainly wasn't this.

"You felt something in the kiss?" Lauren asked softly upon hearing Camila's answer.

The brown eyed girl ignored her question. "You didn't feel anything? Anything at all?" Camila asked rising from the bed, looking extremely hurt and upset.