The Big Fight

Patrick Smiled slowly. "There's nothing to tell. I dropped out of high school when I was 16."

I laughed a little, "what else?"

"My name is Patrick Louis Kingston. I actually got fired a few months ago from my old job as a waiter, for talking back so I guess I just gave up."

"How does Abbie know you?"

"She use to date Justin. By the way, try to stay away from him if you ever see him okay? He is very clingy and creepy"

"Oh?"

"He got sued for trying to get a 16 year old into bed with him."

"Jesus."

"Yeah. Just...stay away from him. He's no good."

I nodded and sighed. What the hell did I just do. I just vented to a total stranger. I promised myself a while ago that I would never do this. Because it is extremely dangerous to me and I feel like I gave away my personal information.

"What are you thinking about?"

I looked at him and shook my head. "Nothing important..."

He smiled. "Not taking that for an answer hon, what's the matter?"

I looked down for a second. "Why am I sharing this with you?"

"Easy. Because you where about to explode any second. So whatever chance you got you had to vent. No matter what. It happens to the best of us.."

"I guess."

I was about to say something else but it just came to me that I literally got little to no sleep last night.

Is that why I'm not acting like myself? I have no clue. I guess I was zoning out because Patrick snapped in my face. "Hey, Hey. Are you still there?" He giggled,

"Uh, yeah. Just tired haha."

"Then go to sleep. I'll leave, I'll come back around...7 and wake you up. Okay?"

I nodded and laid down on the floor.

---

I woke up in the bed. I yelped because the thought of me on the blood stained bed scared the shit out of me.

Me yelling made Patrick jump. "C-Calm down Mabel I changed the sheets", He laughed.

"Actually, I left to get new sheets, came back, changed the sheets, lifted you up onto the bed, and yeah. Sorry I didn't wake you up at 7 though...I guess you where just really tired. It's 9.."

It made me a but uncomfortable how he lifted me up but I was okay I guess. I heard a crash that also made me yelp.

Patrick got up and sat on the bed, "that is Tammi and Ben....Sadly."

"Why are they fighting?"

"I don't know. I'm trying not to listen but it's about the motel, and how they want to shut it down."

"S-shut it down? What the fuck, I just got here!"

"Hey calm down if the place really does close down I'll find you someplace to stay"

"No offense...but you're a total stranger..."

"I totally get that."

I opened my mouth to say something but quickly shut it when I heard Tammi scream my name. My name.

I darted my head to Patrick. He gave me a confused look. "Mabel get your ass in here!"

I slowly got up as Patrick followed. I opened the door and went into the room next door, it was already open.

Patrick followed as Tammi shook her head, "Patrick no. Only her. Get out."

He slowly stepped out as Ben shut the door. I didn't say and word.

They both stared at me. "Well?!" Ben screamed to Tammi, "Tell her what happened!"

Tammi sighed. "Are you a runaway? We saw your face on the news."

"Yes....but I can explain. I'm turning 18 in a few weeks, I'll be an adult.."

"It doesn't matter you're underage you can get us arrested!" Ben Screamed.

"No she can't! They can't arrest us if she gets caught you dumbass" Tammi snapped back,

Ben was about to hit Tammi but stopped himself.

"My family abused me." I whispered, "I had to go. You guys are doing me a favor."

"I don't give a shit about abuse. I give a shit about this motel." Ben said.

Tammi didn't say anything. "Okay. Fine. Be immature about it." I said slowly,

He got right up in my face. "What did you say?"

"I said, fine. Be immature about it. How old are you...? 28...? You're acting like a psycho. Don't let a teenager get in the way of your life."

"Get out" He mummbled. I did so, right when I opened the door Patrick grabbed my arm and pulled me into my room and closed the door.

"I heard everything. I'm sorry. Are you okay?"

I nodded. I've never talked back like that before. "You know, my mom and dad use to.. actually, still get into fights like that, so you can always talk to me."

I nodded, "It's okay Dude. Im fine"

He slowly nodded. "Good..."

We kind of just stood there for a second. I heard a loud knocking on the door as I yelped and jumped again. "Wow, you're really jumpy aren't you?" Patrick asked.

I shrugged. I opened the door as the same guy from today. "Oh...Justin, Patricks brother right?"

He smiled, "oh. Yeah. It's you."

Patrick stepped in front of me. "What are you doing here dude."

Justin let himself in as I just sat on the bed. "I'm here to get you so we can leave. Come on Patrick it's time to go."

"Wow. Look at you, all mature and shit. Why aren't you home alone Justin, our parents are out for the week. Do whatever you want."

Justin glanced at me. "Do you know why he's not coming home?" He asked me, I shrugged.

"Because he is afraid."

I cringed a little. "Afraid? He isn't afraid. I could tell when someone has fear in there eyes. And he hasn't from the time I meet him from now. He isn't afraid. He's just done. Done with everybody elses bullshit like me."

Patrick looked at me at little shocked as did Justin.

"Yes. Yes I guess you are right. Patrick is not afraid. He's a Fucking disappointment."

And with that, he left. He slammed the door as I heard "Stop closing that Fucking door!", in Bens voice.

"That was totally pointless", Patrick said. "Are you okay?"

I looked at him oddly, "I-im fine dude....are you okay?"

He nodded his head and smiled. "Why...?" I managed to ask,

"Because I don't let him get to me."

I thought for a second. Maybe i should be like that towards my family.

_______________________

Guys im sosososos sorry i was in the hospital

Catsmilesforbandits_