Chapter 6

The next few days were quiet

The next few days were quiet. Jake went to places, Mom went to work, I stayed at home. My claws clicked on the wooden flooring as I patrolled the house. Ever since the man came into my home I patrolled all the time. Every day, every night, all the time. I trotted into the kitchen and licked up some dog food bits. Tasty. Pretty soon I had finished the whole bowl. I shook my head and padded into the living room. The bright box was on, I never did understand that box. It talked but no humans were near it.
~
I heard a clank outside and rushed to the window. There he was. My worst enemy. The Mail Man. I put my paws on the window and barked "HEY! Hey! Hey! You! You! You! Yeah that's right run away! Don't touch my paper box ever again!" Satisfied, I jumped back up on the couch and fell asleep.
~
I woke up to the door opening. I jumped off the couch and peeked around the corner. Just Jake. I wagged my tail and ran up to greet him. "Hey girly" he rubbed my head and scratched my ears. He threw a bag onto the floor. It had smelly clothes, a big orange ball (it's mine now) and some smelly shoes. He took the clothes out and went to the laundry room. He came out and the machine turned on. I sat down and wagged furiously. I wanted to play. I barked and slammed my front end on the ground in a play bow. "Play with meeeee!!!" I whined. Jake turned around "wanna play girl?" He asked "YES!" I barked. I bounded over and tackled him. He grabbed a tug rope and waved it I front of my face. I flew off of him and grabbed the rope. I growled playfully and pulled. So did he.
~
We played for a good half an hour before I shifted my attention to a dog outside with his owner. His name was Samson. He was a German Shepard. He was tan with a big black saddle. Classic shepherd. I barked and ran to the window. "Sammy!" I barked. He perked his was and jumped up "Lola!" "Sammy!" "Lola!" "Sammy!" "Lola!" His owner pulled Samson back and continued walking.
~
I bursted out the front door, dragging Jake behind me. He tugged on the leash which pulled my harness "heel!" He yelled. Fine. I walked a bit in front of him and sniffed every bush and blade of grass. I LOVED walks. We walked around the block 3 times because I wanted to. When we got the house I melted on the cold kitchen tiles while Jake passed out on the couch.  I rolled on my side and let the tiles cool me down before I drifted into a peaceful sleep.