Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

Chapter 6

I have some time to kill before work, so I decide to go shopping. I still can't believe Dad is going to Mary's place since he rarely goes out these days, but the thought of him opening up a little is enough to lift my mood.

As I go from shop to shop, I try to convince myself that I'm not buying a new summer dress because of my non-date with Logan today, but who am I kidding? I can't stop thinking about him.

When I get to work, Meg comes rushing towards me. "Livy, he is here."

"Who is here?" I put on my apron, and she holds my shoulder.

"Didn't you pay attention to me at all yesterday? Mr. Lane's grandson is here. Apparently, he wants a meeting with all his employees."

"A meeting? That's weird! What does he have to say?"

"I think he wants to introduce himself properly, get to know us. I don't know." She shrugs, but my mind is already racing.

"I hope everything is ok with the restaurant-"

"I see you already heard the news." Laura barges in, startling us.

"Yeah, Meg was saying Mr. Lane is here and wants a meeting with us." I study her eyes, trying to understand what is going on.

"You are all expected in the break room in five minutes," she says, her tone even more bitchy than usual.

"All right," Meg answers, and Laura looks at us as if she's going to say something else but ends up leaving without a word.

"That was weird." I let out a sigh.

"When isn't she weird?" Meg rolls her eyes and we both snort as we head to the offices.

Everybody is already gathered, and Mark comes our way as soon as he sees us. "Hey girls," he says it looking at me, and Meg smirks as she starts messing with her phone. "Are we good, gorgeous?" he whispers in my ear.

"Of course we are." I smile, giving him a small hug, and suddenly, I feel someone elbowing me. I frown and then realize Meg is trying to call my attention.

When I turn to the front of the room, my eyes meet Logan's and I gasp. What the hell is he doing here? He looks at me intensely, his expression hard to decipher, but I honestly don't understand what's happening.

It's only when I look back at Meg and see her eyes are fixed on him that it finally hits me. Oh my God! Logan is Mr. Lane's grandson!

Laura looks from him to me and her face hardens. Clearing her throat, she starts, "Ok, everyone, I'd like to introduce you to Mr. Logan Lane. As you know, he inherited D'angelo some years ago, but he couldn't come here until now. He would like to introduce himself and get to know you better."

He turns his attention to Laura, giving her an affectionate smile, and my heart squeezes when I realize they must be close.

"Hello, I'm Logan Lane, but please call me Logan. As Laura was saying, I inherited the restaurant when my grandparents died, but I was never really able to come here before now. I trust Laura completely and as usual, she has never let me down," he says, and she smiles shyly at him.

Since when does Laura do anything shyly, and why can't I stand the thought of them being close?

I realize I'm frowning when Logan continues, "I'm going to be here for an indefinite amount of time and expect to know you all better. Things are not changing, Laura is still in charge but I'm here if you need anything," he says, then turns to me. "Well, I'd like to hear a little bit about yourselves."

I look down, completely at a loss, and Meg eagerly starts introducing herself. I'm the last one to talk and I don't know what to say. I had expected to know Logan better tonight under very different circumstances, but I realize it doesn't matter anymore.