Chapter TenPointFive

Chapter 10.5

Rylan Sauron

I was trying to make it all up to her. I had to get her to fall for me, to want me. My wolf purred at the way she offered to join me in the shower. She was finally giving in.

A few more days,’ he snarled out.

I knew that my body was slowly deteriorating, because the curse of the Alpha’s blood was slowly getting stronger. There are two different kinds of Alphas. There were those who were made, who is Eli Grant and a few others. There were those who were born with the Alpha blood in them. The bloodline has been around my family for ages. The curse is only given to those who possess the strong Alpha blood.

The curse was supposedly put on us when the third Alpha came to rule. His name was Lucian, the most ruthless and vicious Alpha in the history of werewolves. He didn’t give a damn about anyone, even his mate! He was mated with a human, which was very rare for us. One day, he just lost control and he took her forcefully. Not only that, he also marked her without giving her knowledge about our world. That angered many other creatures living amongst him at the time. Months later, his mate got pregnant and died giving birth to his son- the heir to his throne.

Lucian took the child and started to train him. Indeed, he was great at training. His son has become much like him- fearless and tyrannous. The Ominous Council feared that history would once again repeat itself, so they put the curse on the Alpha’s blood. They only gave months and maybe a few weeks once the Alphas found their mates. After that, their bodies would soon deteriorate, until they completely die. Mating is the only way to save them. The council thought that was the solution, but they were gravely wrong.

What they didn’t know was that as soon as our wolves start sensing our death, they would go crazy. They would be blinded and they would easily be put under survival mode. That curse didn’t help anyone. It just increased the rates of rape. It only increased the number of Alphas born, not out of love, but out of force and the need to survive.

I looked down at my mate, seeing the beautiful red tint on her cheeks again. I complimented her, which only caused the blush to deepen. “Come on sweet cheeks,” I trailed, waiting to soften her up. Suddenly, her eyes went wide and the sparkles in them dimmed out. Her hands trembled slightly, causing me to worry.

“Please… No…” Tears flowed down her face as her knees went weak. She fell to the floor, hanging on to the edge of the bath tub as if her life depended on it.

I hurriedly grabbed a towel and covered myself. I knelt down and asked, “Arabella! Are you okay?” I softly caressed her cheeks, tucking her hair behind her ears. “Don’t wo-“ I was cut off by the horrified look in her eyes. Something was wrong, I just know it. I tried to call out to her, but it seemed as if she was in another world.

“ARABELLA,” I screamed, using every bit of my Alpha authority behind it. She gasped and backed away from me, causing a tug in my heart. Was she afraid of me? “I’m sorry. But you were just shaking and spacing out… I didn’t know what to do. Please tell me you’re okay,” I hugged her, feeling her slowly relax onto me. Slowly and gently, I picked her up and set her on my bed. She looked so fragile and broken that I immediately regret everything I’ve done to her.

“I’m sorry,” her voice was hoarse from all of her crying and screaming.

I shook my head mentally. This woman was far too kind for her own good. “Don’t be sweetheart,” I placed my blanket over her trembling body and tucked her into bed. I kissed her forehead and pulled her face away for my eyes to meet hers, “Now please tell me what’s wrong.”